Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: problems getting windows xp passwords

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by virtualia View Post
    hello,

can someone help me, i have a problem getting the windows xp password.

i have an windows xp machine with newest servicepack and updates. Then i booted the pc from cdrom with the backtrack cd.

Then, i copied the SAM and system file from the hdd to /tmp and after that i startet bkhive system key and than samdump2 SAM key > /tmp/hashes.txt

i have 5 hashes, one of them is for the computer user

Then i unpacked the wordlist.gz (from the password/dictionaries folder) to /tmp and startet:

john -w=/tmp/wordlist.txt hashes.txt

i also tried the param -f=NT

and the output is only:

loaded 5 password hashes with no different salts [NT LM DES 32/32 BS]
    guesses:0 time 0:00:00:00 100% c/s: 5362K typing: ZYMITE - ZYZZOGE

can anybody help me to solve the problem and fetch the password ?

thanks

bye
    virtualia
    You should be cracking LM hashes using rainbow tables. Use Ophcrack (ophcrack.sourceforge.net) or enter them into plain-text.info

Quote Originally Posted by -=Xploitz=- View Post
    Google "Proactive Password Auditor". I own it and it does EVERYTHING..automated decoding..LM hashes and NTLM and has 240,000 words in it..an entire english dictionary. I got a copy 4 sale.
    i have used PPA on my Box its a really amazing tools as it crack my "strong" password very easily and i was very surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Funnyman View Post
    i have used PPA on my Box its a really amazing tools as it crack my "strong" password very easily and i was very surprised
    Told ya'll..Proactive Password Auditor is the freaking BOMB DIGGITY / God Father of all Windows password breakers.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=5][B][COLOR=blue][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]--=[/COLOR][/FONT]Xploitz[FONT=Courier New][COLOR=red]=--[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=Black][SIZE=6][B] ®[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Remote-Exploit.orgs Master Tutorialist.[/B][/SIZE][SIZE=6][B]™
    [/B][/SIZE]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=9063"][B]VIDEO: Volume #1 "E-Z No Client WEP Cracking Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7872"][B]VIDEO: Volume #2 "E-Z No Client Korek Chopchop Attack Tutorial"[/B]
    [/URL]
    [URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230"][B]VIDEO: Volume #3 "E-Z WPA/WPA2 Cracking Tutorial"[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8041"][B]VIDEO: Volume #4 "E-Z Cracking WPA/WPA2 With Airolib-ng Databases"[/B][/URL]
    [/CENTER]

It managed my deliberately excessively strong password (for testing it out) in under a second

PRA is super expensive and you need admin rights correct?

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    PRA is super expensive and you need admin rights correct?
    i dont know about super expensive but you need to be admin to run the software

Quote Originally Posted by zeruelx View Post
    You should be cracking LM hashes using rainbow tables. Use Ophcrack (ophcrack.sourceforge.net) or enter them into plain-text.info
    What if there was a online hash cracking for WPA like plain-text.info. Its an idea

What if there was a online hash cracking for WPA like plain-text.info. Its an idea
    35GB tables are available for download...it's the best you'll get so far for WPA cracking.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    35GB tables are available for download...it's the best you'll get so far for WPA cracking.
    35GB!!! what is the URL theprez98? I want to check it out.

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

torrent !!!
    the link at personalwireless is hs.........
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast