Thread: Backtrack 5 Booting Problem

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 5 Booting Problem

hey guys, i am googling this and not finding any clear answers. I used unetbootin to install BackTrack 5 onto a 4GB flash drive. The boot screen loads but no matter which BackTrack load i choose i get

(initramfs) Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

i checked the md5 hash and it is the same as the one listed so the iso is not bad

any ideas?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Backtrack 5 Booting Problem

Hi,

I've got exactly the same problem... I tried to boot on BT5 32 bits Gnome Edition, 32 bits KDE Edition, 64 bits Gnome Edition, 64 bits Gnome Edition...
    Same prob everywhere !

On various forums (the problem is not specific to BT) people advise to change disc (burn it on a DVD instead of a CD, or the inverse)... But i've got a netbook (EeePC) so I only can boot with an USB Key...

So now, i'm looking for an old version of BT (BT 4 ?) but it seems that all were removed from the official website...

Can anyone help me (us ?) ?

Thank you...

Just burned his ISO

i run bt5 using libvirtd vm and the bt5 gnome iso file and works great but that doesnt help you at all. but in curious did you try building the bt5 flash drive without reserving any persistance space and see if it boots the menu options? and are you using the latest unet? also did you try different iso > usb apps

Just burned his ISO

Im having the same problem. I burnt BT5 32b Gnome to a dvd. Im already running Linux 10.0.1 on my toshiba amd athlon x2 laptop. Ive put the dvd into the drive. restarted the machine. tried to type the startx command and nothing. it just comes back up to the login screen. My system is set to is the cd/dvd drive to use before the HD.

What am i doing wrong? where am i even suppose to check the hash5 code thing

Just burned his ISO

I was having the same problem for over a month with various versions 32 bit, 64 bit, KDE, Gnome, DVD and flash drive. Finally I updated my version of VMware and now 32 KDE is working.