Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How can I install flash player on Backtrack 5 gnome 64 bit?

Just burned their ISO

Unhappy Re: How can I install flash player on Backtrack 5 gnome 64 bit?

Quote Originally Posted by micawber View Post
    save this and run or just copy and paste into terminal:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

mkdir ~/flashinstaller && cd ~/flashinstaller

apt-get purge flashplugin-nonfree flashplugin-installer gnash gnash-common mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla
    rm -f /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so
    rm -f /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
    rm -f /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/flashplugin-alternative.so
    rm -f /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/npwrapper*flash*so
    rm -f ~/.mozilla/plugins/*flash*so

# download flash square and flash player from:
    wget http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
    wget http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11/flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz

tar xfvz flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz
    chown root:root libflashplayer.so
    chmod 0644 libflashplayer.so
    cp -f libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
    rm -rf libflashplayer.so
    ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/
    tar xvfz install_flash_player_10_linux.tar.gz
    mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins
    mv -f libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins/
    cd
    dude when i tried this it gave this error
    mv: cannot stat `libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory

Default Re: How can I install flash player on Backtrack 5 gnome 64 bit?

sudo apt-get install gsfonts gsfonts-x11 flashplugin-nonfree
    Nope....didn't work for me. I've got the following:

"
    Setting up flashplugin-installer (11.2.202.251ubuntu0.10.04.1) ...
    Downloading...
    --2012-12-28 14:41:22-- http://archive.canonical.com/pool/pa...51.orig.tar.gz
    Resolving archive.canonical.com... 91.189.92.150, 91.189.92.191
    Connecting to archive.canonical.com|91.189.92.150|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
    2012-12-28 14:41:22 ERROR 404: Not Found.

download failed
    The Flash plugin is NOT installed.

"

Download link is broken and the package ain't over there anymore, unfortunately.

I'll try something else...

Well...after almost four and a half hours of pain I've succeeded to find a solution and make the latest flash version to work.

Basically I've took the original Flash AID script and I've update it with the working download links and corresponding md5 checksums but it works and that's all the matter actually.

With that being said here's the updated code that can be copied into a file and run.

<profile_name.default> should be replaced with your local firefox profile name. As an example mine looks like that: nq474mcm.default

PLEASE replace the h**t as well with the http to get the correct download path.

Also I've had the firefox started when I've ran this script. After the script was finished the browser has been restarted and voila. I don't know if that matters but I'm thinking that is good to describe every step which I've made.

"

#!/bin/bash

cd "/root/.mozilla/firefox/<profile_name.default>/extensions/flashaid@lovinglinux.megabyet.net/chrome/content/tmp" && rm -f *flash* && wget h**p://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.258/install_flash_player_11_linux.x86_64.tar.gz
    NEWHASH64=$(md5sum *flash* | sed 's/ .*//g')
    if [ "${NEWHASH64}" == '999fec504e6d85b1b995264d796d49bf' ];then
    tar xvf *flash* libflashplayer.so && sudo chown root:root libflashplayer.so && sudo chmod 0644 libflashplayer.so && sudo mv libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ && sudo ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/libflashplayer.so && rm -f *flash* && mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins/
    else
    echo 'Flash 64bit installation aborted, due to md5 checksum mismatch!'
    rm -f *flash* && mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins/
    fi
    cd "/root/.mozilla/firefox/nq474mcm.default/extensions/flashaid@lovinglinux.megabyet.net/chrome/content/tmp" && rm -f *flash* && wget h**p://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.258/install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz
    NEWHASH32=$(md5sum *flash* | sed 's/ .*//g')
    if [ "${NEWHASH32}" == 'ed48f0db80969b1df1e9aab9a9276b8a' ];then
    tar xvf *flash* libflashplayer.so && mv libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins/ && rm -f *flash*
    else
    echo 'Flash 32bit installation aborted, due to md5 checksum mismatch!'
    rm -f *flash*
    fi
    TWEAK=$(cat /etc/adobe/mms.cfg | grep 'OverrideGPUValidation')
    if test -z "${TWEAK}";then
    echo 'OverrideGPUValidation=true' | sudo tee -a /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    fi
    cat /etc/adobe/mms.cfg | sed '/EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1/d' | sudo tee /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    NPVIEWER=/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer
    if test -f "${NPVIEWER}";then
    cat /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer | sed '/export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1/d' | sudo tee /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer
    fi

"

Happy New Year! folks
    Last edited by Osirium; 12-28-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Osirium View Post
    Well...after almost four and a half hours of pain I've succeeded to find a solution and make the latest flash version to work.

Basically I've took the original Flash AID script and I've update it with the working download links and corresponding md5 checksums but it works and that's all the matter actually.

With that being said here's the updated code that can be copied into a file and run.

<profile_name.default> should be replaced with your local firefox profile name. As an example mine looks like that: nq474mcm.default

Also I've had the firefox started when I've ran this script. After the script was finished the browser has been restarted and voila. I don't know if that matters but I'm thinking that is good to describe every step which I've made.

"

#!/bin/bash

cd "/root/.mozilla/firefox/<profile_name.default>/extensions/flashaid@lovinglinux.megabyet.net/chrome/content/tmp" && rm -f *flash* && wget h**p://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.258/install_flash_player_11_linux.x86_64.tar.gz
    tar xvf *flash* libflashplayer.so && sudo chown root:root libflashplayer.so && sudo chmod 0644 libflashplayer.so && sudo mv libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ && sudo ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/firefox-addons/plugins/libflashplayer.so && rm -f *flash* && mkdir ~/.mozilla/plugins/
    else
    fi
    cd "/root/.mozilla/firefox/nq474mcm.default/extensions/flashaid@lovinglinux.megabyet.net/chrome/content/tmp" && rm -f *flash* && wget h**p://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.258/install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz
    tar xvf *flash* libflashplayer.so && mv libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins/ && rm -f *flash*
    else
    rm -f *flash*
    fi
    fi
    cat /etc/adobe/mms.cfg | sed '/EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1/d' | sudo tee /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
    cat /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer | sed '/export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1/d' | sudo tee /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer
    fi

"

Happy New Year! folks
    Thank You. I have been researching this for a couple of days and it worked exactly like to stated.

Just burned their ISO

"

#!/bin/bash

else
    fi
    else
    rm -f *flash*
    fi
    fi
    fi

"

Happy New Year! folks
    Thanks, works like a charm on my VirtualBox installed BT5 R3 64bit Gnome.

Just burned their ISO

hey man -- appreciate the script. having trouble making it work for me...got some n00b ?'s for you:

1) i don't have this path: extensions/flashaid@lovinglinux.megabyet.net/chrome/content/tmp

2) and the megabyte.net and chrome dir...what's that all about??

thanks in advance man!

"

#!/bin/bash

else
    fi
    else
    rm -f *flash*
    fi
    fi
    fi

"

Happy New Year! folks

Man,

Those are created by the flash-aid firefox extension actually. As I said I got them created due of this addon.

If you don't have this addon / extension installed then you don't have that locations so I suppose the script should looks like:

"

#!/bin/bash

wget h**p://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.258/install_flash_player_11_linux.x86_64.tar.gz
    else
    fi
    wget h**p://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.258/install_flash_player_11_linux.i386.tar.gz
    else
    rm -f *flash*
    fi
    fi
    fi

"

Be aware that I've not tested this script version though.
    Everyone has started from ZERO. I'm not an exception but I'm trying to hear more than speak too much.

http://pentestconsultancy.blogspot.ro

Just burned their ISO

think i got it working; but is there no way to install flash so i can play/pause/rewind/fastforward?

mate...for this request I think you should try ubuntu desktop actually. ..
    Everyone has started from ZERO. I'm not an exception but I'm trying to hear more than speak too much.

http://pentestconsultancy.blogspot.ro

Just burned their ISO

mate...for this request I think you should try ubuntu desktop actually. ..
    as i feared :|

thanks man!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast