Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: [ANNOUNCEMENT]: Wiki Update Project

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Great job guys--at the end of Wiki Week 2 we had over 30 updates of the Laptop section of the HCL. Again, during each Wiki Week we're consistently updating that particular section of the Wiki more frequently than in the past. Keep up the great work.
    What's wiki week 3 ? is there a wiki week 3 ?

WIKI UPDATE PROJECT Week 3 (July 14-July 20)
    Focus: Howto List (Howto List)

Your mission is to follow the above link (register for the Wiki if you already haven't, it helps us track *who* is making changes and helps to eliminate spam).

This week our focus is the Howto List page of the Wiki. While a lot of improvements have been made over the past 2 months, there is still a lot of work to be done. In particular, take a look at the "Customization" section (1.1) and the "FAQ" section (1.7).

It is especially important for the "Howto" section that you are very precise in explaining how you accomplished something. This means including every step and every command line. Assume you were reading the "Howto" for the first time and how much help you would need to accomplish that particular task.

If you find errors in currently posted Howto's, considering modifying them or updating them to reflect the issue you found. Even if you don't have all the answers, provide what you can. Someone else might be able to add to your contribution.

If you are uncomfortable with learning how to edit the Wiki, ask someone here for help. It's very easy.

Remember, your contributions to the Wiki help the entire community. And someone else's contributions help YOU!

So let's get to updating the Howto List this week.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Holy crap Batman !

I hope the server has plenty of space for all the new tutorials that have been written on the forum recently.

And People should also consider taking one or more of the very good threads that are on here and using those as a reference to create "How to's" if they don't feel they have the ability or inclination to write one from scratch.

Remember everyone can contribute in some small way, and all those small contributions will soon mount up to one fantastic wiki.

Someone has already tried to steal some of it, so that just goes to show how good its getting.

Keep up the great work people.

Ladies and gentlemen,

Please notice that the "Howto" section of the Wiki has now been split into three parts:

1) Customization and Installation (the original page)
    2) Generic *nix Howtos
    3) External Howtos (videos, tool usage)

I post this so you don't panic like I did and start trying to revert changes before you realize what was done (Sorry Jabra, I think I fixed it all).

All three pages can be reached via links from the main Wiki page. Please consider which page is appropriate before posting.

It would be nice if the side menu could reflect these and previous changes too.

Take for example the howto's if you go to the main page you get all the subsections, but if you click on the link in the side menu you only get the customisation section. whereas you should get a submenu that gives you the subsections for you to make a selection, this is not the only example I could have given, but it is relevant to the changes you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by balding_parrot View Post
    It would be nice if the side menu could reflect these and previous changes too.

Take for example the howto's if you go to the main page you get all the subsections, but if you click on the link in the side menu you only get the customisation section. whereas you should get a submenu that gives you the subsections for you to make a selection, this is not the only example I could have given, but it is relevant to the changes you mention.
    Agreed, hopefully the side menu will get fixed to reflect those changes.

I think that the newer nessus tutorial should have the few minor errors fixed up and replace the old nessus install tutorial on the howto section of the wiki.
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...5936#post35936

Will attempt USB/HDD of that tutorial tomorrow and edit it then to confirm it works before changing it.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Can a Sysop lock main page - discussion it has become a serious spam magnet.
    Μολὼν λαβέ - Great spirits encounter heavy opposition from mediocre minds.

Default autopwn stalls

OOPS , wriong place

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast