Thread: Ot: Cissp

Default Ot: Cissp

The verdict is in.... PASSED bitches!

Prez, study hard

Quote Originally Posted by Eristic View Post
    The verdict is in.... PASSED bitches!

Prez, study hard
    Hey dude, congratulations.

I've taken a few weeks off from studying just to clear my brain. I'm still hoping September time frame to take the test.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Congrats !

I am scheduled for September! So are you supposed to be all ethical now?

tparnet

Congratulations!!!

I've a question about stuff you've used to study.
    I've bougth "Official Guide to the CISSP CBK".It's enough to prepare myself to this exam?

sorry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by hanys View Post
    Congratulations!!!

I've a question about stuff you've used to study.
    I've bougth "Official Guide to the CISSP CBK".It's enough to prepare myself to this exam?

sorry for my english
    I used the Official Guide to the CISSP CBK AND All in One by Shon Harris (http://tinyurl.com/39y4cl). I recommend both, as I found myself flipping back and forth between the two.

Shon Harris is a much more micro view, while the official guide is a better macro presentation. It helps to see both sides of the coin imo. I took 5.5 of the 6 hour time limit to complete the test and go over my answers. That thing is no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Eristic View Post
    I used the Official Guide to the CISSP CBK AND All in One by Shon Harris (http://tinyurl.com/39y4cl). I recommend both, as I found myself flipping back and forth between the two.

Shon Harris is a much more micro view, while the official guide is a better macro presentation. It helps to see both sides of the coin imo. I took 5.5 of the 6 hour time limit to complete the test and go over my answers. That thing is no joke.
    I'm also using two books...and with both of them maxing out over 1,000 pages, my brain is frying.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

congrats Erinstic. I sure it was hard. With out giving away any answers what basic thingsa did it entail. Im just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    congrats Erinstic. I sure it was hard. With out giving away any answers what basic thingsa did it entail. Im just wondering.
    Although the CISSP covers 10 bodies of knowledge (domains), the test focused more on telecom/app security/crypto/business continuity.

(ISC)^2 does a survey every year to see what are the major domains that CISSPs are working with the most. Also, if you think about it, telecom and app security are probably the most common things you see in tech news that relate to the system security field. So, I would say make sure you focus on these even moreso than the others.

I've always been interestedin crypto, and had done plenty of self-study and research in the topic, so the crypto domain was very easy for me in comparison to the others. On the other hand, the business continuity was very hard because a lot of the information is handled and presented at the manager-level perspective. I am not a manager and find those things to be boring. As such, it was harder for me to grasp the managerial view.

Hope it helps some. Good luck to all!