Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zd1211rw Patching on Back|Track 2

Just burned his ISO

Default zd1211rw Patching on Back|Track 2

Guys,

I have a zd1211 chipset usb wireless dongle, i am trying to use it to inject, but the chipset needs patching, i have guides of how to do it on FC6, but i am having no luck in trying to do this with back|track 2.

Please help!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by imonthejazz View Post
    Guys,

I have a zd1211 chipset usb wireless dongle, i am trying to use it to inject, but the chipset needs patching, i have guides of how to do it on FC6, but i am having no luck in trying to do this with back|track 2.

Please help!?!?!
    SEARCH!

http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=zd1211rw
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

I have read that tutorial but this command threw me somewhat:

make -C /lib/modules/2.6.20-1.2944.fc6/build/ M=`pwd` modules

this confuses me, not really sure what i should be putting in place of the modules/2.6.20-1.2944.fc6???

Quote Originally Posted by imonthejazz View Post
    I have read that tutorial but this command threw me somewhat:

make -C /lib/modules/2.6.20-1.2944.fc6/build/ M=`pwd` modules

this confuses me, not really sure what i should be putting in place of the modules/2.6.20-1.2944.fc6???
    READ! If you've gotten that far, you can obviously read. About halfway down the page:
    NOTE: In the following lines, change “2.6.20-1.2944.fc6” to match your particular system.
    If you go into BT to /lib/modules/ there is only one subdirectory:
    2.6.20-BT-PwnSauce-NOSMP
    So use this!

bcktrckv2

Angry what's wrong.

hay you, theprez98 , have you eaten it yet. what is wrong with you? the guy asked for some help and you posted links taking him where he came from.

what was this forum set for? if you can't help than just shut up, don't be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by bcktrckv2 View Post
    hay you, theprez98 , have you eaten it yet. what is wrong with you? the guy asked for some help and you posted links taking him where he came from.
    I guess you're not reading the same thread as me. How did I take him where he came from? He was never there in the first place. He clearly stated he was using the FC6 guide, not the Aircrack guide which I provided to him and he subsequently used. Perhaps you should re-read the entire thread again.

He asked how to patch the driver, so I gave him the link to the "How to page the driver" page over at Aircrack. When he was following those instructions, he ran into a problem about what particular system to use (where it mentions to substitute your particular distribution), I gave him the correct substitution. As far as I am concerned, this solves his problem.

How you fail to see that, I have no idea.
    what was this forum set for? if you can't help than just shut up, don't be useless.
    I take your rude comments personally because I went out of my way to help him solve this problem. I chided him to "search!" because I want people to learn for themselves (perhaps with a little prodding). Therefore as far as I am concerned, your comments are worth your one and only warning; have a nice day!

bcktrckv2

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    I guess you're not reading the same thread as me. How did I take him where he came from? He was never there in the first place. He clearly stated he was using the FC6 guide, not the Aircrack guide which I provided to him and he subsequently used. Perhaps you should re-read the entire thread again.

He asked how to patch the driver, so I gave him the link to the "How to page the driver" page over at Aircrack. When he was following those instructions, he ran into a problem about what particular system to use (where it mentions to substitute your particular distribution), I gave him the correct substitution. As far as I am concerned, this solves his problem.

How you fail to see that, I have no idea.

I take your rude comments personally because I went out of my way to help him solve this problem. I chided him to "search!" because I want people to learn for themselves (perhaps with a little prodding). Therefore as far as I am concerned, your comments are worth your one and only warning; have a nice day!
    theprez98. no, don't take my comments personally and I didn't mean to be rude at all.

Just burned his ISO

OK so i have read the whole thing through, got as far as i can because......

i cant find the kernel headers/devel files for backtrack 2, specifically i mean this step:

hese instructions are specific to Fedora. Change 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 to the particular kernel version you have installed. uname -r can help you determine what is currently installed.

You need these packages already installed:

kernel-headers-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6
    kernel-devel-2.6.20-1.2944.fc6

Running the command rpm -qa | grep kernel will show which kernel packages are installed.

If the headers and development packages are not already installed then obtain them from your favourite repository then:
    Where can i find these files??

Thanks for you help previously too

Developer

How can use say this is not rude. your lucky you got off with a warning

Just burned his ISO

anyone got any ideas???

please???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast