Thread: First Time User

Roseheyworth

Default First Time User

Hello, I am running Backtrack 2 off a livecd on a lenovo r60 laptop.

Have run through all the programs and can see and attempted to implement their use as best I can. I have a full grasp of their concepts, etc...

I can perform all network scans and attacks perfectly.

When it comes to wireless I cant get seem to get very far....help!

As far as i can tell I have the bluetooth and wireless hardware capabilities to implement a snarf etc.

What are the best programs to use?

Is Metasploit at the heart of using the programs to their full usage?

Thanks

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheyworth View Post

Have run through all the programs and can see and attempted to implement their use as best I can. I have a full grasp of their concepts, etc...

As far as i can tell I have the bluetooth and wireless hardware capabilities to implement a snarf etc.

Thanks

Rose
    Could you be a little more specific on what you're trying to accomplish?
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheyworth View Post

Thanks

Rose
    guys I would be wary of this one. If he can preform all network scans and attacks perfectly why does he not know how to use metasploit which is the main attack vector of the open source community. To me it sound as if this person wants to break wep{probably not theirs} and just didnt want us to think he was a newbie. I have no trouble answering people who say " hi Im so & so and Ive never ever even attempted a linux command but penn testing sounds groovy and Id like to start by breaking MY wep router" I hate LIARS. I mean Just the fact that he said hes tried to use all the programs is bullshit because alot of them are prand and protocol specific and I find it hard to belive he has a blue tooth device, a regular router ,a cisco router and one legal place to test each of the many protocols. Please tell the truth and maby we can help

well purehate. He does sound a bit suspicious but dont playa hate just yet. Let him explain better on what he needs to do. He is trying to snarf btw.

Lets first ask him some questions first.

What applications have you ran and what attacks have you performed?
    What have you used metasploit for?
    Have you read the documentation on WEP cracking or snarfing?

// Now depending on the answer, you can make a little more of an educated guess if he is lying or not.

sry to have disagreed with you purehate.

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    well purehate. He does sound a bit suspicious but dont playa hate just yet. Let him explain better on what he needs to do. He is trying to snarf btw.

Lets first ask him some questions first.

What applications have you ran and what attacks have you performed?
    What have you used metasploit for?
    Have you read the documentation on WEP cracking or snarfing?

// Now depending on the answer, you can make a little more of an educated guess if he is lying or not.

sry to have disagreed with you purehate.
    your probably right I just got of work and I was in a pissy mood. Sorry new guy. anyway I never said I didnt want to help him I just felt like he was not being honest. I mean I was having a lot of compiling exploit problems and I had to go to the black hat forums and say" I 'm a dumb ass, Help me" and they were real cool so far. They showed me how to compile and excecuted the shitload of milw0rm exploits on the bt distro that are almost hidden. so now I'm feeling more helpful. Plus he never even said what was wrong" wireless card don't work" is a hard problem to diagnose. no problem for the disagreement If there was no disagreement life would be so.....dull

Futher more if he was reading some recent post he would realize that baxter and me and a few others were just talking about our inability to get airsnarf going but I have suceeded at home in getting ettercap to do a mitm attack if thats what hes after

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    If he can preform all network scans and attacks perfectly why does he not know how to use metasploit which is the main attack vector of the open source community.
    Sarcasm On
    Simple, The same way I can sale you a 1940s vehicle with absolutely NO Rust. Sarcasm Off