Hello, I am an IT security student new to arch. I am currently trying to set up my Alfa AWUS051NH usb wireless adapter with my arch desktop. I have it running somewhat, but not at the speeds I would like. I found on alfa's website that the device can either use chipsets: Ralink RT2770, or RT2750. I thought an iwconfig would tell me what chipset the device was using, but apparently not.

So I did a lsusb and got:

Code:
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 148f:2770 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2770 Wireless Adapter
I look at an iwconfig and see it changes from bit 5-150mbps at any given time.

Code:
wlan0     IEEE 802.11abgn  ESSID:"Sentinel"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: C0:3F:0E:2C:57:4E   
          Bit Rate=54 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   
          Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:on
          Link Quality=70/70  Signal level=-28 dBm  
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:3479  Invalid misc:8   Missed beacon:0
However it is going much slow than that. I would like to know how I can set the bit rate 300mbps. After a bit of research I tried this:

Code:
iwconfig wlan0 rate 300
&
Code:
iwconfig wlan0 rate auto
But neither have any effect. I believe the issue is that the card can use a/b/g/n standards and is not using 802.11n, which I believe is the only one that can use 300mbps. My router is broadcasting in 802.11n by the way. I don't know how to force the device to use the 802.11n.

So does any one have any ideas, and can answer some of my questions? I would very much appreciate it. If any commands are needed to be run for more information I would be glad to do so.