Page 90 of 144 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Official hello thread

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Official hello thread

Hello everyone from Croatia

Just burned his ISO

Hi folks, I'm a sysadmin looking at starting a new career in pen testing. Looking forward to getting started!

PS why have the image verification when posting/replying it's a real hassel

Cool Re: Official hello thread

Quote Originally Posted by stashio View Post
    Hi folks, I'm a sysadmin looking at starting a new career in pen testing. Looking forward to getting started!

PS why have the image verification when posting/replying it's a real hassel
    stashio,

You are wanting to start a career in pentesting. Good to go. So let's touch on this a bit. What is the point of the captcha? To define that we must start off with the acronym itself: Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart. SPAM, thats why man.

Now, you might ask what do I mean by spam, only members can post on this forum. From what I gather, the more senior you become in this forum, the less checks and balances prior to posting a post. Right now, I'm junior; so I have to have my posts approved by a moderator and do the captcha as well. The reason for this is to prevent needless nonsense in the forum.

So where am I going with this?

After a while you will probably not need to be approved for posting (My guess) (Based on the assumption that the moderators check all junior members, until they are deemed worthy to not need checking). So now, that is where the captchas come into play. I use a password unlike any of my real ones for posting here. I do so because I am deployed (Don't trust the network, WiFi and all) and don't trust the TCNs who set the network up in the first place. More so because I tried to suggest some ideas to improve their security and was told to pretty much "Shutup and color"...Good to go. Knowing the enviornment I'm in, I'm betting money there is someone out there sniffing; and if you notice....This forum is HTTP (Cleartext). Now, on the assumption that I've been jacked for my password, depending on if they were malicious or whatnot, they could simply script it to where they post a ton of spam on here (via my acct that got sniffer) and get my account revoked for needless malicious nonsense (cuz their a badass $cripTKiddi3 and all...).

Kind of out there and all, but it could happen. That is the point. A pentester MUST think outside the box to protect the assests they are hired to assess.

Think outside the box bro....

=)

V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..

I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass..
    Last edited by snafu777; 07-24-2011 at 04:20 PM. Reason: I screwed up the Quote =)

Just burned his ISO

Hai,
    superb tools, superb site and superb forums. I am a noobs and willing to learn!!

Just burned his ISO

Hello
    From Indonesia

http://forum.id-backtrack.com/

Just burned his ISO

Default Riferimento: Official hello thread

Hello there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just burned his ISO

Hey everyone. Totally new to BT and relatively new to the world of Linux based OS'.
    Hoping to learn as much as I can from you guys.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for such an awesome distro!

Just burned his ISO

Hello guys

Ohh,, this might be abit late but, Hello Guys

Page 90 of 144 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast