Page 63 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Official hello thread

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Official hello thread

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just burned his ISO

Hello all,
    I'm looking to get into Information Security and I knew BT would be a great place to start. I'm hoping in the near future one of my laptops will be a dedicated BT machine. I'm seeding the ISO's on my seedbox so hopefully this will help distribute BT to all who want it.
    Looking forward to learning new things...
    T

Just burned his ISO

Wink Respuesta: Official hello thread

#!/bin/bash
    echo "hello world"

Just burned his ISO

hello i'm happy to join this forum, and use backtrack, thanks

Just burned his ISO

Hello I am excited to begin using BackTrack. I hope to advance my education in security and to even use my new skills in creative ways through art. I would like to leave a quote that I find true to heart:

"Sunlight is the best disinfectant.” - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis

Just burned his ISO

Cool Re: Official hello thread

BT** THE BEST!!![/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Hello

I have been using BT4 for less than a week, and I would like to thank those who have contributed their time and effort to create Backtrack. It's remarkable seeing how vulnerable machines can be, and thanks again for making this awesome distribution.

Hope to learn a few things here.

Thankx in advance

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb Re: Official hello thread

Hello everyone!

Well, to start of- I'm currently attending an 'Advanced Computer Networking' class (lol) in my highschool, I'm a senior planning on finishing up this year and continuing either in the military (only if I really need to..straighten my habits up, if you will) or pursuing some sort of dream with computers. I'd like to say that I'm a step ahead of the everyday average computer user, but after realizing what I've been missing by using windows all the time, I feel like I'm 5 steps behind! Basically what I'm looking for by using backtrack / any linux distro- is knowledge... knowledge is power. I want balls Computers are so interesting in my opinion, I thought I was a hard-ass being able to assemble my own machine 'n all, but really... I'm at the bottom of the food chain.

I'm looking for someone who's willing to teach an 'empty mind' if you will. A person who's willing to use any knowledge they gain for the good of.. well.. whatever! I'm computer savvy (not linux savvy) which means I've got a lottttt on my plate to learn. But of course I expect roadblocks here and there, it's all a part of the learning process.

More side information; not a complete dummy, I've started out on what.. Windows.. XP, transitioned to Vista, and now to Windows 7. After windows 7, I experimented lightly with Ubuntu, then tried Xubuntu, then installed debian on a pentium 2 in my basement (which didn't get me very far, obviously!) gave up on linux for a while as I hit a learning curve. But now recently I've tried Mandriva/Mandrake, and I'm ready to conquer my previous learning plateau.

Tl;dr: I'm a windows user/gamer who wants to understand 'the Matrix', the code. Hah, I enjoy speaking in metaphors as you can see. If this post catches anyone's eye, don't hesitate to send me a PM or try to get a hold of me, I want to be 'Neo', and i'm looking for MORPHEUS.

Where are you, Morpheus? ahhh I am such a young grasshopper.. hope you enjoyed the first post!

@SilentNemesis, first of all welcome to the forum!
    Now regarding your experience, make sure you get comfortable with Linux, because Backtrack requires advanced Linux skills, also regarding about learning, I'm sure that the HowTo section and Video section could have some interesting things to learn, just make sure you learn them not just copy/paste them.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Page 63 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast