Default Re: Official hello thread

Hello everyone, glad to be here.

Just burned his ISO

Hello folks.Glad to be here!

Cool Re: Official hello thread

Greetings All!

I am DrWho.

Let me start by saying "Thank You", to the people behind the screen. To say that BackTrack is incredible, is an understatement! How you guys do what you do, to not only put the CDs and DVDs together, but to test the tools and hardware in almost every possible combination has got to be a labor of love. Where you guys get the time from to do all this, I'll never know. Hats-off to you all!

Now,a little about me...
    I've been in the computer\it industry for the last 18 years. In that time I've seen and done alot. I started out as a night-tech for a computer training center, where I loaded and reloaded the same 120 computers twice a day, 6 days a week. In that time I learned Novell and NT administration. This was back when Novell dominated and Microsoft was a bit-player in the networking arena. Little did we know back then that Microsoft would end up on top and Novell would fade away.

Anyway, that's where I started my career in the IT industry. I've done just about everything from building PCs to building networks. I've worked with end-users of small companies to the engineers of well-known PC and Server manufacturers. I can fix just about anything from old cars to nuclear power-plants (well maybe not power-plants...) but you get the idea. I have degrees in Electronics, HVAC&R and Computer Science. I'm an inventor in my spare time as well.

In my last position, I was a Systems Administrator for a 9-1-1 call center and ambulance\fire dispatch. I helped build a $7.5 million data center and a $20 million data center in a huge data-NOC. In both locations I built VMWare Clusters. Not being a huge fan of Linux, these were challenging, but not impossible, projects.

I'm still new to Linux (of any flavor) and I'm just now, getting around to learning the Linux language. But I started out the same way with DOS. I love to learn. I am always learning. And since Linux is starting to creep into almost everything, it high-time I start digging for answers!

So, through groups like this, and people like you, I learn. In return, I try to help anyone that asks the question. I've covered a of of ground in my career but there's so much more I need to learn. That's why I love forums like this one. I get to learn from all your mistakes thereby lessening the mistakes I make while I'm learning something new and making me look good at the same time! haha!

Well, that's good for a start...
    See you in the funny papers or the forums!

Just burned his ISO

yeh hi folx howz every 1 m newbie fellaz i just cum here to learn sumthin good hope u guys will help me out

Just burned his ISO

Wink Re: Official hello thread

Hi everyone!

Hello to all.... I am new to BT, and I hope to learn a lot from all of you

Just burned his ISO b1naryatr0phy's Avatar

>>hey all

>>glad to join the community

Page 42 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast