Page 141 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1440

Thread: Official hello thread

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Official hello thread

Hi there

Just found the forum
    I am currently still in an apprenticeship as an IT technician, this is my 4th and last year. My project since the last summer was to find out, how safe wireless networks currently are - So that's the way I got into touch with Backrack 5 Mainly used the aircrack-ng packet plus some other tools to test this stuff out. I'm very interested in network security.
    Last week I just got my new HP 8570p with 256G SSD; After the installation of Windows 7 the next thing was the BT virtual machine. I must say, it works great, just like the "native" operating system! Only downpoint is, that the internal wifi-adapter cannot be used in the VM (maybe it is, but I just don't know how ). Might get into more of the tools in the future, but at the moment I don't have much spare time - The finishing tests for completing my education are upcoming in a few days.
    Next big private project for me is to emigrate to the U.S. (currently I live in Switzerland), maybe in 2014 if everything works right

Huge "Thank you!" to all the guys who put BT together and support us!
    Greetings from Switzerland

Just burned their ISO

Hello Everyone :-) I'm very happy to join this community Viva Backtrack !

Just burned their ISO

Default Hello I am Patricio

Hi, I am completely spanish noob in linux world, so I would like you to have patient with me
    This thread is only for introducing myself, so, I am spanish, and I like Backtrack and Linux by the moment.
    Sorry for my english, and great regards for all of you.

Just burned their ISO

Post Hello everybody!

Hey everyone. My name is Greg. I'm an Oregon Native, 25 years old and obviously a computer nerd. I was in the Navy for almost 5 years were I was an IT. I currently hold several CompTia certifications and I am working on my Bachelors of science currently. My school allows to me to specialize that degree to pertain to computer forensics and that is exactly what I am doing.

I was introduced to BackTrack by a friend while in the service when I mentioned some things I would like to do for a career when I get out (many things including computer forensic investigator, penetration tester, and all around white-hat). That is when I was introduced to BackTrack. My friend was a huge Linux nerd and this was also my first introduction into Linux as well. I find BackTrack very useful for all three things I would like to pursue. It's a great utility for learning, and the best part about it is I can do all of this from my own home, using my own home network! I don't have access to real labs and I know better than to go freelance. I am still very much a beginner, but I look forward to joining the community. Even go as far as to contribute something should my knowledge allow for such a thing.

I have considered re-joining the service once I receive my degree and going officer. Or remaining a civilian and holding a civilian job. Not sure yet. I have alot of time left and plenty of learning to do still to really learn which area will work best for me.

Thank you BackTrack team for all you do. I look forward to many years of learning

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Hello everybody!

Hello world,

Love the BackTrack, learning to love Linux more and more each day...

Just burned their ISO

Hello nice to be here.

welcome ! welcome !
    Happy hunting!!

Just burned their ISO

YO, im super new, used ubuntu once, and thats it,on my other computer i messed it all up and gave up. but i decided to give it another shot.
    Last edited by sickness; 02-27-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Just burned their ISO

Hello,

I've been using BT5 for about 2 days. I've never done much network pentesting. I have a good bit of experience with web apps but this is another ballpark. Finally getting the hang of it!

Just burned their ISO

Hello Everyone :-)
    I'm very happy to join this community Viva Backtrack
    thank you

Page 141 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast