Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help,laptop gets so hot.

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default help,laptop gets so hot.

Hello, I am a backtrack/linux newbie,i very love to using linux/backtrack,when i run into windows,everything looks fine,but when i run into linux(backtrack5),i get my notebook so hot,betwen 70 C - 80 C,even i just using on text mode,,the one linux distro that not make my notebook hot just Pentoo2009.

can anyone can help me what i must to do to fix this problem? i really would love to use backtrack

this is spec of my ntbook,my be help
    BT5 kde 32
    asus K42JK
    intel core i3-350M
    ati mobility radeon HD5145 1Gigs
    Ram 4Gigs

thanks all,sorry for my bad English

Good friend of the forums scottm99's Avatar

Default Re: help,laptop gets so hot.

Are the fans running in your notebook? Is anything nearby restricting the air flow? You might try getting a notebook cooling pad (should be able to find them online, or most retail stores).
    If I could figure out how to scuba dive & hack at the same time, there would be nothing I couldn't do...

Just burned his ISO

I have a similar problem, it seems that my laptop's fans are just constantly on. Not so much too hot as it is too loud.

Just burned his ISO

Are the fans running in your notebook? Is anything nearby restricting the air flow? You might try getting a notebook cooling pad (should be able to find them online, or most retail stores).

when i use backtrack,i get the fans running faster with temp at 74 C,so i restart the laptop and boot into windows,and i feel the fans running slow with more cooler than before ,i see there's nothing nearby restricting the air flow,and i was use notebook cooling pad,and the overheating has actually warped the keyboard

i was set the system to use low graphical and low cpu freq and nothing happen,still hot.any suggest for me?

Just burned his ISO

temp control is regulated via the BIOS

i dont see temp control at BIOS,am i must update the BIOS so i can get options for configure the temp?

how about the process? it is normal that i just open terminal without running others applications likes web browser,multimedia,exploit tools,etc and type "sensors" and i saw that the temp was 71 C ?

Does it is possible problem cause about wrong configuration in drivers when it has installed on the system,, likes graphic driver,sound driver?

temp control is regulated via the BIOS and while there are some things which the operating system can control such as fan speed and quite mode they are over ridden by any bios setting for temp control. The more processes which use the cpu will make the temp get hotter and faulty fans or blocked air paths will also make it hotter running the fans faster and longer.

Good friend of the forums scottm99's Avatar

Well, drakedeon covered some good stuff, so there's nothing I can add. If feasible, I'd exchange the laptop for another...sounds like it definitely won't work with BackTrack
    If I could figure out how to scuba dive & hack at the same time, there would be nothing I couldn't do...

Save any data you have on the laptop and sell it on e-bay as slightly Used!

try installing some cpu frequency scaling app, see if that helps

Just burned his ISO

Yea, my hp6710b, intel core2duo 2ghz is screaming hot!!! I even have office fan blasting it. There's something different wrong with the kernel or something. You think amd anything would be better? I'm running BackTrack 5rc3 KDE 64bit, screaming hot! hot shit! ****,. ..... man down, man down! i'm running Fern WEP Attack for a bit then reboot to check bios temperature, i'm think 95celesus!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast