Thread: Backtrack on iPhone

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack on iPhone

Hello,
    A n00b question.
    Considering moving to an iPhone. if i do that, want to have backtrack available at all times. Heard that was possible but couldn't find any tutorial or information about how to do that.
    Can anyone recommend on such a tutorial or can instruct me how to do that?
    Thanks,
    Gabriel

Just burned his ISO

Smile Re: Backtrack on iPhone

In order to put backtrack on the iPhone, it would first need openiboot, in order to boot into a linux OS. Currently only the iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1st, and 2nd Gen have supported OpeniBoot. Everything else is completely experimental. If you're interested, you can visit

http://www.idroidproject.org/wiki/Main_Page

Basically, OpeniBoot was developed when people were putting Android on iPhone hardware. Once OpeniBoot is supported on a device, then the Backtrack image could be tweaked to be installed on there.

Also, there is a way with a jailbroken iPhone to SSH into your backtrack computer, if that's what you were implying for taking backtrack with you...otherwise, you can install metasploit and nmap and other tools on a jailbroken iPhone just by itself and run them in terminal emulator, except not a whole lot is supported.

Default Re: Backtrack on iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by gabrielshier View Post
    Hello,
    A n00b question.
    Considering moving to an iPhone. if i do that, want to have backtrack available at all times. Heard that was possible but couldn't find any tutorial or information about how to do that.
    Can anyone recommend on such a tutorial or can instruct me how to do that?
    Thanks,
    Gabriel
    If you're going to switch phones get a Nokia N900. You'll have more support for some of the software included with backtrack.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

You want backtrack on your iphone at all times ? Setup SSH+VNC server on your PC and setup the clients on your iPhone. There you go

Hmm,

BT on an iPhone....Interesting concept. However, if I want backtrack, I'll use a laptop. If I want to use some tools from the pentesting world on a portable device, then I would use my iPhone (Jailbroken of course). As well, do you know enuf about the architecture of the iPhone to ensure that certain things you may or may not do with BT on the iPhone are not logged? I wouldn't trust Steve Jobs....Just saying......My two cents....

R/s,
    Snafu
    Pffbt...

There are a lot of independent tools (as well as Metaploit and NMap, as mentioned above) in Cydia.