Thread: Backtrack 2 live cd problem!!

ms777

Default Backtrack 2 live cd problem!!

Hi, I can’t get backtrack 2 live cd to work, when I use startx after logging in I get this error:

Xauth: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/x11R6/lib/libXau.so.6: invalid elf header

/usr/x1R6/bin/Xauth: : error while loading shared libraries: /usr/x11R6/lib/libXau.so.6: invalid elf header

x: : error while loading shared libraries: /usr/x11R6/lib/libXau.so.6: invalid elf header

Giving up

/usr/x1R6/bin/Xinit: connection refuse (error 111): unable to connect to x server

/usr/x1R6/bin/Xinit: no such process (error 3) server error

/usr/x1R6/bin/Xauth: : error while loading shared libraries: /usr/x11R6/lib/libXau.so.6: invalid elf header

/usr/x1R6/bin/startx: line 183: /usr/bin/deallocut: cannot execute binary file

im using acer Ferrari 3400, ati radeon 9700

i tried the cd in another laptop which worked fine no problems, burned it again @ 4x to be sure, tried xconf b4 startx it was an improvement but didn’t work either error or black screen that hangs also tried flux, ati, xorgsetup nothing works…..one thing I noticed….i have 2 types of errors and i get different error each session depending on the first command (not sure tho)…., sometimes it just tries to work and get me a black screen then crashes or hangs…..anyway it seems to be xserver problem which ill assume ati problem for now. I read something about ati.lzm but I dunno how to use it or where to get it (wiki broken link), Im certain I have to install some ati driver (plz guide me how) …..for now ill try to get my correct vsync, hsync right and configure xorg it may work.

Do I have to install bt to be able to install ati driver?, will installing solve the problem?

as u can see im desperate …..plz help

Somewhere in the "Ex" human right country

if you are using a cd ... you can but you need to rebuilt iso
    with usb just put the driver module

if u look well on BT wiki, you will see ati.lzm
    just put it in /bt/modules directory into iso or usb
    Watch your back, your packetz will belong to me soon... xD

BackTrack :
    Giving Machine Guns to Monkeys since 2006

ms777

tnx for ur reply......i cant find ati.lzm anywhere(links wont work) plz post link If u can….i read its has bugs and wont solve my prob. (not sure), maybe they are fixing the bug and will bring it back up. Anyway Im thinking firegl driver but no idea how to do this or if it will work.

ms777

Ok..i managed to login in flux mode which is kinda useless but atleast something… using ati.lmz (non tar version so I didn’t find .sh file to run) took alot of intensive search hours to find,i cant open ipod or cant find it all i find is hda2,5....so I learned cp yesterday and managed to copy ati.lzm from /mnt/…ati.lzm to /root but didn’t find .sh file to run (dunno if it makes any difference), anyway when using startx or ati now I get black screen with dialog box cannot start “kstartupconfig” check ur installation or cannot run “kdeinit” check ur installation hit ok then big old error: library…elf header…..cannot find font etc… do i need to rebuild O.o

Omg I cant believe im the only one posting here ….if I wanted to reflect on my thoughts I’d use notepad….jk plz tell me what to do next …Linux is alien to me….I just learned cp ffs

Quote Originally Posted by ms777 View Post
    Ok..i managed to login in flux mode which is kinda useless but atleast something… using ati.lmz (non tar version so I didn’t find .sh file to run) took alot of intensive search hours to find,i cant open ipod or cant find it all i find is hda2,5....so I learned cp yesterday and managed to copy ati.lzm from /mnt/…ati.lzm to /root but didn’t find .sh file to run (dunno if it makes any difference), anyway when using startx or ati now I get black screen with dialog box cannot start “kstartupconfig” check ur installation or cannot run “kdeinit” check ur installation hit ok then big old error: library…elf header…..cannot find font etc… do i need to rebuild O.o

Omg I cant believe im the only one posting here ….if I wanted to reflect on my thoughts I’d use notepad….jk plz tell me what to do next …Linux is alien to me….I just learned cp ffs
    Fluxbox is not useless, just more lightweight or less resource intensive.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

ms777

ok solved...used vmware player with windows...works fine....sry i was rude noob