Thread: HELP! no soundcard detected

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Angry HELP! no soundcard detected

ok so when i had finished my fresh install of backtrack 5 the sound worked ok out of the box funnily enough since it still never detected my sound card. only problem was i couldn't adjust the volume... so i did the pulseaudio fix described here and installed some other packages etc.
    http://forum.intern0t.net/gnu-linux/...fix-gnome.html
    and now its not working fullstop and i just cant figure it out.

and i don't want to do a reinstall after all the time i have spent updating my system.

this what my soundcard comes up as with the
    Code:
    lspci
    00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 04)
    Code:
    aplay -l
    aplay: device_list:223: no soundcards found...

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: HELP! no soundcard detected

well maybe someone can help you at this point but it might help if you reinstall backtrack and install gnome-alsamixer which will increase your sound..i'm having the same issue were the sound preferences keeps loading and nothing happens..so i installed gnome-alsamixer and it helped me increase my sound so i can hear it without any earphones..hope this helps..sorry i couldn't help more..

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: HELP! no soundcard detected

Hi All,

Ok. I am new to BT5. I got this soundcard issue a couple of times. I have BT5 installed on a Compaq Presario R3000 and A dell Latitude D630. I tried everything inlcuding reinstalling the OS a couple of times on both systems.

Everytime I reinstalled the OS the sound would work fine and then fail the next time I restarted the system. The system sounds would work fine and it would show that it was having an issue with the Ensoniq PCI car and work with the Conexant card.

I next went online and tried to find an answer and could only find questions and not answers. I went back to the systems and started playing around with the sound configuration mfor the Application that had failed on me (Skype). I opened its settings and selected several different Skype> Options. Under sound devices I selected for all 3(microphone, speakers, ringing) HD Intel, Conexant, Analog (hw:0,0).

Hope this helps.
    AbT