Thread: Wireless Problems !

Just burned his ISO

Default Wireless Problems !

Hi guys ! I have a big problem with Backtrack 5, for 2 days i runned it from a USB and my Wicd worked just fine it would search and find my Wlan Rooter . After i decided to install Ubuntu on my HDD , i don't know why but it won't display my Wlan Rooter network anymore and therefore i can't connect to the internet. I followed 2 tutorials from the backtrack forum but i can't seem to make it work . My Wlan card is Intel ipw2200 and when i use "sudo lsmod | grep ipw2200" i can see my drivers displayed well . Can someone please point me out on what should i do to make Wicd scan for WIFI networks again ? I'm new to Ubuntu worked a bit on Fedora in the past and just decided to switch to Ubuntu . Thanks in advance for any info you might provide me with !
    Last edited by SiAmStat; 06-21-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Spellcheck

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Wireless Problems !

Felling the urge to bump the thread . I know some of you can help me out. Pls help since the previous post i tried different ways to fix it removed the D-buss error tried to mannualy add the rooter but it won't work . I can't understand why after install the Wicp won't work . Thx in advance !

if u type in ifconfig does it show on there?. Just wondering if it may have changed the wlan0 to wlan1 etc. If so you can change that in Wi-Cd manager under preferences.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by SiAmStat View Post
    Hi guys ! I have a big problem with Backtrack 5, for 2 days i runned it from a USB and my Wicd worked just fine it would search and find my Wlan Rooter . After i decided to install Ubuntu on my HDD , i don't know why but it won't display my Wlan Rooter network anymore and therefore i can't connect to the internet. I followed 2 tutorials from the backtrack forum but i can't seem to make it work . My Wlan card is Intel ipw2200 and when i use "sudo lsmod | grep ipw2200" i can see my drivers displayed well . Can someone please point me out on what should i do to make Wicd scan for WIFI networks again ? I'm new to Ubuntu worked a bit on Fedora in the past and just decided to switch to Ubuntu . Thanks in advance for any info you might provide me with !
    Hi

i just did it with dumm way .. just add(type) the eth1 to Wi Cd Preferences > Wireless Interface.. click ok then it work