bt ~ # /etc/kismet/kismet.conf
-bash: /etc/kismet/kismet.conf: Permission denied
I entered '/etc/kismet/kismet.conf' but i then got permission denied??
how can i make this work?
hi, i have the same problem with kismet using Linksys WUSB54g v4, i check with the Backtrack HCL, and it gives me rt2570, when I vi. and restart, it still doesnt work.
it looks like this : source=rt2570,rausb0,linksys
does anyone using Linksys that i use ? can anyone help me which part i did my mistake?
i had the same problem with this and dident even need to ask on here!!
reinstalling my drivers and doing :
airmon-ng start wlan0
worked for me!
[CENTER][COLOR="Red"]Every great advance in natural knowledge has involved the absolute rejection of authority.[/COLOR]
[B]Thomas H. Huxley[/B][/CENTER]
I can't find a step-by-step guide for wep cracking with BackTrack2. Many guides claim to be step-by-step, but leave out crucial steps such as enabling your card in Kismet. How, exactly, is this done? How do I know what to put in the sources line?
For example, I'm looking for something like this.
1. Run iwconfig and write down the name of your network interface.
2. Run blahblah and write down the name of your sourcetype.
3. Run blahblah2 and write down the name of your _name.
4. Run blahblah3 and write down the name of your initialchannel.
5. vi /etc/kismet/kismet.conf
6. Find the "sources" line, edit it with "sourcetype,interface,name[,initialchannel]" and uncomment it.
7. Run kismet.
Or something like that. What exactly do I put in the "sources" line of kismet.conf, and how do I figure out the exact phrases to use for my machine?