Thread: Not seeing the "install them side by side" option as is displayed in the tutorials

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Not seeing the "install them side by side" option as is displayed in the tutorials

At first, running the Boot Live cd kept crashing my video card after I selected anything in the boot menu. I found a thread to get past this:
    at the end of text spash, type radeon.modeset=0 and it got through to the login menu after the screen messing up for a few seconds. Now im on the desktop and clicked on the installer and now i dont see in step 4 the "install them side by side".
    Im trying to install a 64bit GNome BT 5 on a new 1215b netbook w/ W7 64-bit with a radeon 6310.
    Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    Also Im not sure what to think of ths minor thing but Im not seeing the open-door "quit" images or the "back" and "forward" left and right arrow images.

Default Re: Not seeing the "install them side by side" option as is displayed in the tutorial

I cant remember there being a so called option. But if you want to install BT5 with Win7 (Dual-boot) First you have to create a partition for BT5. Then when installing choose: "Manual" (lowest option) when in the menu for choosing installation disk. Just install it and BT5 installation process wil create GRUB manager that will appear when you boot and gives you the choice for booting into windows or backtrack.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Not seeing the "install them side by side" option as is displayed in the tutorial

Hi, I'm currently having the same problem while trying to dual boot Backtrack 5 with Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm using Gnome 64-bit and running it off a live cd.

http://i.imgur.com/VOxsB.jpg

I'm not seeing the "Install them side by side" option.

I've read that a possible reason is because I already have 4 partitions, but another computer I tested also had 4 partitions yet had the option.

http://i.imgur.com/iVLS5.jpg

Suggestions/Opinions? Thanks in advance!

And while I'm at it..as you can see the first picture shows that I have Windows Vista partitions, but this is a brand new laptop I ordered last month that came with Windows 7 Home Premium installed..does anyone know what the reasoning behind this could be? The second computer is also Windows 7 Home Premium (also bought last month) but the Vista partition is only for the Recovery.

*Sidenote - I took the pics with my camera before figuring out I had to install gnome-utils for printscreen to work.

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Re: Not seeing the "install them side by side" option as is displayed in the tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
    Hi, I'm currently having the same problem while trying to dual boot Backtrack 5 with Windows 7 Home Premium. I'm using Gnome 64-bit and running it off a live cd.

http://i.imgur.com/VOxsB.jpg

I'm not seeing the "Install them side by side" option.

I've read that a possible reason is because I already have 4 partitions, but another computer I tested also had 4 partitions yet had the option.

http://i.imgur.com/iVLS5.jpg

Suggestions/Opinions? Thanks in advance!

And while I'm at it..as you can see the first picture shows that I have Windows Vista partitions, but this is a brand new laptop I ordered last month that came with Windows 7 Home Premium installed..does anyone know what the reasoning behind this could be? The second computer is also Windows 7 Home Premium (also bought last month) but the Vista partition is only for the Recovery.

*Sidenote - I took the pics with my camera before figuring out I had to install gnome-utils for printscreen to work.

Very Same Problem and i think You cant Run Window7 Home Premium and BT5 Side by Side.
    REASON: For Doing this you need to Convert your Drive to "Dynamic" and Win7 Home Premium Does Not Support this Option (Can't Convert to Dynamic) So if you Still want to make then you can Shrink your C: Partition and have another Drive.

Ok now when you will install BT5 on that Newly Created Drive you Will Not be Able to Load Window7 Home premium and this way you will loss Window7 So Be Careful.

In My Opinion installing Window7 Home Premium and BT5 Side by Side or Even (BT5 on Separate Partition) is Impossible and cause Loss of your existing OS "Win7"...

P.S: If you have tried and successful then Share your Opinion Also. Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Starving4knowledge View Post
    Very Same Problem and i think You cant Run Window7 Home Premium and BT5 Side by Side.
    REASON: For Doing this you need to Convert your Drive to "Dynamic" and Win7 Home Premium Does Not Support this Option (Can't Convert to Dynamic) So if you Still want to make then you can Shrink your C: Partition and have another Drive.

Ok now when you will install BT5 on that Newly Created Drive you Will Not be Able to Load Window7 Home premium and this way you will loss Window7 So Be Careful.

In My Opinion installing Window7 Home Premium and BT5 Side by Side or Even (BT5 on Separate Partition) is Impossible and cause Loss of your existing OS "Win7"...

P.S: If you have tried and successful then Share your Opinion Also. Thanks
    I am currently dual booting windows 7 and BT5 with no problems. i did have the option to run side by side(that i used just fine) once i made a partition for bt5. windows 7 home premium was installed first if that helps at all.

Just burned his ISO

Smile Re: Not seeing the "install them side by side" option as is displayed in the tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    I am currently dual booting windows 7 and BT5 with no problems. i did have the option to run side by side(that i used just fine) once i made a partition for bt5. windows 7 home premium was installed first if that helps at all.
    Can you help me (or us I think) to solve this problem?
    I've also installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and have exactly had the same problem
    I've installed BT5 R2 from my USB and chosen the option "Default" and had already made a new partition for BT5
    Thanks in advance.