Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fern Wifi Cracker with Geographical Locatory Mac address Tracker

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Fern Wifi Cracker with Geographical Locatory Mac address Tracker

Savio this program is great.
    I have some additional questions.. can you confirm?

Is MAC address changer automated when I initiate the attack? Or does it have to be changed prior to attacking?
    Reagrding WPA/WPA2, are the attacks using reaver by default?
    I see you have some options for WEP, Fragmentation,Chop-Chop, Caffe-Latte, Hirte, ARP Request Replay.. does Fern cycle through these till it cracks? Or do you have to manually select/try each method?

Just burned their ISO

First of all thanks for development such nice tool. I'm running on backtrack 5 r3 kde 64. Latest updates for fern was done. It's working fine except of location option from tool box. When I insert bssid and press track, it shows tracking and only one field from bottom part of the screen is green - only mac address field. the rest is empty and no location info available as on your photo from the first page. What could happen?. I'm currently connected to the internet through my AP, and wanted to try this function. What I've done wrong>? Also I have a small advise about update your soft. It would be really nice to add one more function - automation ip and gateway search of the AP. I'm using internetprober for this purpose. If you want, you can check out this one from http://virjacode.com/projects/inp/

Quote Originally Posted by dobermann1601 View Post
    First of all thanks for development such nice tool. I'm running on backtrack 5 r3 kde 64. Latest updates for fern was done. It's working fine except of location option from tool box. When I insert bssid and press track, it shows tracking and only one field from bottom part of the screen is green - only mac address field. the rest is empty and no location info available as on your photo from the first page. What could happen?. I'm currently connected to the internet through my AP, and wanted to try this function. What I've done wrong>? Also I have a small advise about update your soft. It would be really nice to add one more function - automation ip and gateway search of the AP. I'm using internetprober for this purpose. If you want, you can check out this one from http://virjacode.com/projects/inp/

Just noticed Google has changed the API, ill have to update the program, please give me sometime to fix this..
    Ill be sure to check out the project...
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Just burned their ISO

Savio, I see there was an updated to 1.7. I cannot find release notes, care to post them here?

Thanks.

Just burned their ISO em3rgency's Avatar

Hey, Great program! I have just spend a while learning bash scripting. Now I want to learn python, Can you stear me in the right direction in forms of docs, videos and tutorials? I have a real desire to learn python!

@em3rgency - The following materials taught me python:

http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/index.html - The link is for python 2.x version tutorial, there is only a slight difference between version 2.x and 3.x python version, by learning the 2.x version of python, upgrading to the 3.x version will take you few minutes or hours

http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html - This book taught me GUI programming using python and the QT library

Thats all the books i used when learning python, i also think they will prove useful for you too
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

@rootx - Here are some updates to the new version 1.7.

1. Bug Fixes
    - WPA dictionary line count - Replaced the previous function estimator function, the old code took some time calculating the lines when used with large files
    - Session Hijacking - Enhanced the ARP MITM code for optimum redirection
    - Fixed some bugs when transferring the captured cookies to Firefox's database

2. Additions
    - Settings - program settings are now saved unto the "Database.db"
    - New loading splash screen
    - Interface Card selection / busy status animation
    - WPS support for WEP and WPA using the reaver tool
    - new WEP attacks (caffe latte, hirte , ARP frame control P0841 option)
    - Some user interface enhancement

Im sorry but there may be some other changes i currently cant remember and are therefore not on this list, Ill be sure to add release notes with any major version updates next time
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by savioboyz View Post
    @rootx - Here are some updates to the new version 1.7.

1. Bug Fixes
    - WPA dictionary line count - Replaced the previous function estimator function, the old code took some time calculating the lines when used with large files
    - Session Hijacking - Enhanced the ARP MITM code for optimum redirection
    - Fixed some bugs when transferring the captured cookies to Firefox's database

2. Additions
    - Settings - program settings are now saved unto the "Database.db"
    - New loading splash screen
    - Interface Card selection / busy status animation
    - WPS support for WEP and WPA using the reaver tool
    - new WEP attacks (caffe latte, hirte , ARP frame control P0841 option)
    - Some user interface enhancement

Im sorry but there may be some other changes i currently cant remember and are therefore not on this list, Ill be sure to add release notes with any major version updates next time
    Thanks for the reply
    Awesome program, good luck.

Just burned their ISO

the Geographical Locatory Mac address Tracker in fern is still not working properly.

im living in Namibia and every mac address i try to track, only shows a default location in the city centre of our capital, Windhoek

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456