Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fern Wifi Cracker with Geographical Locatory Mac address Tracker

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Fern Wifi Cracker with Geographical Locatory Mac address Tracker

Thank you for ansewr me. I hope that something you can do about my request
    Sorry for my english.
    You are very kind

Just burned his ISO

Hello could you add pyrit support thanks

@hausoo - Ill work on it
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

First off, I'd like to say that while I have OSWP this tool is still amazing, and I would definitely use it if I could. Why can't I? you ask. Well. I'd be happy to share. Sorry for the long post but this whole thing got me frustrated.
    My saga starts off when I updated my kernel from BT5 r1 to r2. Everything was fine. I then realized the only tool in my arsenal that was not updated was fern. So I clicked it. And sure enough, an update button was there. So I clicked it. It downloaded and updated, saying things like: Downloading, Downloading complete, Please restart program. So I did. When I did, the GUI looked NOTHING like what it should have, and the button that I assumed was an update button said above it, New version available. So I clicked it. It said Downloading, Downloading complete. Then it hung for about ten minutes. When I gave up, I tried clicking the program icon again, and got the "Open With" KDE menu... Hmmmmm... That shouldn't have happened... I opened up aterm to run it manually, and lo and behold, EVERY SINGLE FILE AND FOLDER IN /ROOT WAS DELETED!!!! Thats right, I had lost MONTHS OF WORK!!!! So I reverted to an old snapshot, and followed the same procedure, again EVERY SINGLE FILE AND FOLDER IN /ROOT WAS DELETED!!!!. I'm not sure why such a thing could happen, but it happens in both the r1 kernel and the new r2 kernel. As I'm currently taking PWB, I have some suggestions but they are probably wrong, so I'm not going to say anything. But please resolve this issue.
    When I ran it the second and third time, I downloaded the code directly from the link in your google code repository. That should be fairly secure.
    Last edited by ShadowMaster; 03-04-2012 at 10:06 AM.
    World Domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer the term World Optimization.

OMG!.. Im so sorry for this , i'll resolve this issue as soon as possible..
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

I did a process flow trace of what happened in your case, Please correct me if i am wrong, i'm only trying
    to really understand what really happened there, the reason is that, this is the first time i am reading a bug report like this about Fern,

Did you use the SVN or deb installer?.

if SVN then my guess is that:

1. you SVN-Up on root directory

root@bt:~# pwd
    /root/

root@bt:~# svn http://fern-wifi-cracker.googlecode....-Wifi-Cracker/

Now what i want to know is if a "Fern-Wifi-Cracker" directory was created by the SVN process

if the folder was not created with the sub files therein, that must have been the cause of the problem.

That's because Fern-Wifi-Cracker algorithm works this way:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Assumes its working directory is the fern-wifi-cracker directory or some other custom directory, but in a directory.

2. Downloads new update files to /tmp/

2. Deletes all files in the working directory, and replaces them with the new files

3. Then asks the user to restart

----------------

My guess is that execute.py and its package files where not in any directory when ran, but all in the /root/ as the current working directory.

----------------

Please confirm this case, but if not correct, then please describe in more details the look of things before the program was ran.

I'm currently working on a new update for Fern (WPS Support) and new codes to the Mac tracker, so a thorough description of the problem would be helpful,
    if my guess of the problem was'nt right.

Am VERY SORRY ONCE AGAIN, I'm Awaiting your reply.

Thanks
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Ok so here's what I originally did, and here's what I did now. I originally downloaded the code from the sticky in the bt4 forums, then ran dpkg -i fern-wifi...
    Then ln -s /usr/.../Fern...Desktop /root/Desktop/ (i have kde)
    then I clicked the icon, and thats when it all happened as I told you before.
    Now, a few moments ago. I ran svn co http:/.../Fern/ and got it that way. When I chmodded execute.py it ran fine. But, while I had created a new directory to send it to, I accidentally ran the svn command in /root/. So the Fern-wifi folder was now in root.
    BUT THE FERN-WIFI HAD ITS OWN SEPERATE SUB-DIRECTORY!! THE FILES WERE NOT LOCATED IN /ROOT ACTUAL!
    I had already created a symbolic link in /usr/bin. I mv'ed the Fern-wifi directory into my new directory and recreated the link. Then I reran fern. And sure enough, all the Files in root were gone. BUT, the folders that were in root, and the files in them still remained. I reverted to a snapshot again, and this time ran the svn co command in /root/fern/ like so:
    root@bt:~# mkdir fern
    root@bt:~# cd fern/
    root@bt:~/fern# svn co https://fern-wifi-cracker.googlecode...-Wifi-Cracker/

ran well, got the files. Next step.
    root@bt:~/fern# cd Fern-Wifi-Cracker/
    root@bt:~/fern/Fern-Wifi-Cracker# chmod +x execute.py
    root@bt:~/fern/Fern-Wifi-Cracker# ./execute.py

runs beautifully. And I think I figured out the problem. Here's what happened next:
    root@bt:~/fern/Fern-Wifi-Cracker# cd /root
    root@bt:~# ln -s /root/fern/Fern-Wifi-Cracker/execute.py /usr/bin/fernwifi
    root@bt:~# fernwifi

that runs, but when I tried to update, even though I had the newest version, as I was troubleshooting, sure enough, once again all my files had disappeared. So the issue seems to stem with the assumption that fern is running from its own custom directory NOT the pwd you want it run from. Let me know.
    World Domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer the term World Optimization.

Thanks bro, ill work on the fix
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

all went well on BT5 and BT5 R1.

after a complete new installation of BT5 R2 x64 KDE i installed via the 1.2 DEB package, upgraded to 1.5 via update button, now i have 2 strange problems:

wifi cards only show up as "wlan0" or "wlan1", but not as the automaticly created "mon0" interface.
    start scanning with enabled "showing xterm" over option-menu doesnt gave me any xterm window.

whats wrong with that?
    (sorry @ shadowmaster for hijacking this thread)
    Last edited by voodoosau; 03-07-2012 at 09:31 PM.

My download of backtrack r2 is still in progress, please i want you to run the program on terminal and send me any error generated on terminal, and please also tell me what version of aircrack you are using.. ill'd like to provide a quick fix for both of your problems..
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast