Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fern Wifi Cracker with Geographical Locatory Mac address Tracker

Hybrid View

Default Fern Wifi Cracker with Geographical Locatory Mac address Tracker

Some couple of weeks ago some users of Fern requested a Mac-address key area in the programs database, After I added the feature to the program some weeks ago, then I thought to myself, of what real use would the Mac-address in the database key area really serve at its idle committed state.

Then it occurred to me that I needed to add the first feature to the Fern Tool-Box dialog that included a area to Track the Geographical Coordinates, display Maps, country, state country code and other geographical details using only the Mac-address of the WIFI Access points in a novice friendly manner, after all that was what Fern was made for, Yes! for the novice.

Here are some screenshots:

I would want to thank all those individuals, who have done all but encouraged me with my projects… I INDIVIDUALLY appreciate you guys..
    And I can promise you that as long as there is life, those projects WILL LAST, I have a lot of plans for the “Toolbox area”, it will literally get filled with features.
    THANK YOU.

The Fern project and source remains and can be found at:
    http://code.google.com/p/fern-wifi-cracker/
    Last edited by savioboyz; 06-16-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: mistake
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Default Re: Fern Wifi Cracker with Geographical Locatory Mac address Tracker

ty thats nice good job keep goin man

Thats a really nice feature!
    "The difference between RAID1 and RAID0 is that the zero stands for how many files you're gonna have after a harddisk failure."

Smile Re: Fern Wifi Cracker with Geographical Locatory Mac address Tracker

@Shadi and @voidnecron Thanks a thousand times guys ;-), i really appreciate your comments...

I would also appreciate new feature request from anyone who has a good new idea..
    Last edited by savioboyz; 06-21-2011 at 07:56 PM.
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

this looks really nice. the interface design itself is very clean and the process flow is very straight-forward for even someone new to using such an application.

if I could suggest anything to add, I notice in the settings tips; it automatically uses a faked (macchanger'd) mac. Could you perhaps add an option (somewhere,maybe in the toolbox) which allows the user to also set a desired specific, non-randomized mac address?

I realize you want it to be novice friendly, and it really does achieve that goal. Simple, easy to use on first run, and elegant looking. and maybe then put all the more advanced options in the toolbox, or an advanced preferences section in there.

it's very nice,though. keep up the great work sir.

c

WOW! Clone... seems you have really studied the in's and out's of the program... Thank you for the complements, ill definitely add that feature on the next major update... THANKS Dude
    Last edited by savioboyz; 06-23-2011 at 03:51 PM.
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Just burned his ISO

Hallo,this looks very nice and usefull.

I have a request, i read this Tutorial: How to crack WPA Migration Mode @ this adress http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?...migration_mode and i want to ask you if there is a posibility to use it with ferm cracker.

Thanks again

I did a process flow trace of what happened in your case, Please correct me if i am wrong, i'm only trying
    to really understand what really happened there, the reason is that, this is the first time i am reading a bug report like this about Fern,

Did you use the SVN or deb installer?.

if SVN then my guess is that:

1. you SVN-Up on root directory

root@bt:~# pwd
    /root/

root@bt:~# svn http://fern-wifi-cracker.googlecode....-Wifi-Cracker/

Now what i want to know is if a "Fern-Wifi-Cracker" directory was created by the SVN process

if the folder was not created with the sub files therein, that must have been the cause of the problem.

That's because Fern-Wifi-Cracker algorithm works this way:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Assumes its working directory is the fern-wifi-cracker directory or some other custom directory, but in a directory.

2. Downloads new update files to /tmp/

2. Deletes all files in the working directory, and replaces them with the new files

3. Then asks the user to restart

----------------

My guess is that execute.py and its package files where not in any directory when ran, but all in the /root/ as the current working directory.

----------------

Please confirm this case, but if not correct, then please describe in more details the look of things before the program was ran.

I'm currently working on a new update for Fern (WPS Support) and new codes to the Mac tracker, so a thorough description of the problem would be helpful,
    if my guess of the problem was'nt right.

Am VERY SORRY ONCE AGAIN, I'm Awaiting your reply.

Thanks
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Ok so here's what I originally did, and here's what I did now. I originally downloaded the code from the sticky in the bt4 forums, then ran dpkg -i fern-wifi...
    Then ln -s /usr/.../Fern...Desktop /root/Desktop/ (i have kde)
    then I clicked the icon, and thats when it all happened as I told you before.
    Now, a few moments ago. I ran svn co http:/.../Fern/ and got it that way. When I chmodded execute.py it ran fine. But, while I had created a new directory to send it to, I accidentally ran the svn command in /root/. So the Fern-wifi folder was now in root.
    BUT THE FERN-WIFI HAD ITS OWN SEPERATE SUB-DIRECTORY!! THE FILES WERE NOT LOCATED IN /ROOT ACTUAL!
    I had already created a symbolic link in /usr/bin. I mv'ed the Fern-wifi directory into my new directory and recreated the link. Then I reran fern. And sure enough, all the Files in root were gone. BUT, the folders that were in root, and the files in them still remained. I reverted to a snapshot again, and this time ran the svn co command in /root/fern/ like so:
    root@bt:~# mkdir fern
    root@bt:~# cd fern/
    root@bt:~/fern# svn co https://fern-wifi-cracker.googlecode...-Wifi-Cracker/

ran well, got the files. Next step.
    root@bt:~/fern# cd Fern-Wifi-Cracker/
    root@bt:~/fern/Fern-Wifi-Cracker# chmod +x execute.py
    root@bt:~/fern/Fern-Wifi-Cracker# ./execute.py

runs beautifully. And I think I figured out the problem. Here's what happened next:
    root@bt:~/fern/Fern-Wifi-Cracker# cd /root
    root@bt:~# ln -s /root/fern/Fern-Wifi-Cracker/execute.py /usr/bin/fernwifi
    root@bt:~# fernwifi

that runs, but when I tried to update, even though I had the newest version, as I was troubleshooting, sure enough, once again all my files had disappeared. So the issue seems to stem with the assumption that fern is running from its own custom directory NOT the pwd you want it run from. Let me know.
    World Domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer the term World Optimization.

Thanks bro, ill work on the fix
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast