Thread: Problem connecting to a wireless network using acpi=off and irqpoll

Just burned his ISO

Default Problem connecting to a wireless network using acpi=off and irqpoll

I do not know exactly what these two cheatcodes does. I have noticed that the battery indicator is missing, and I'm sure some other stuff is disabled as well. Main point is that I finally got my wireless card to work. DWL-G650. I can set it in monitor mode, find networks in kismet, inject and everything seems fine. Until I want to connect to a network. I can't find any networks in the wlassistant neither connect to them in bash using iwconfig. I get no errors, and when typing iwconfig ath0 it seems like I'm associated correctly. When I dhcpcd ath0 I'm not receiving any errors either. But I am NOT connected and can't surf the internet. When setting the IP and DNS adress manually, I get the "connected" message. But I still can't ping local machines and neither surf the internet. I'm wondering if this is because of the acpi=off and irqpoll options? I can surf using my ethernet card though ... Known issue, any help here?

Best regards,
    Mantion

Developer

You must take your card out of monitor mode and back into managed mode to connect to a AP. and here is how to do it

Just burned his ISO

lol, I was just about to try that. Thank you