Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Script for sniffing traffic (port to arm)

Just burned his ISO Soultaker666's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Script for sniffing traffic (port to arm)

As for my last post, I am running it on a Motorola Xoom HC 3.2. Sorry for not putting that in there before.
    If I win, you will be my slave

Default Re: Script for sniffing traffic (port to arm)

make sure your path is correct otherwise sslstrip may not initiate properly which would cause you to miss any passwords being entered.. please let me know the output of the following command when executed at a bt5 terminal prompt:

Code:
    echo $PATH
    if it does not include "/usr/local/bin" then execute the following command at the bt5 prompt:

Code:
    export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
    then execute both sslstrip and ettercap by name at the terminal to verify independently that they are both working.. they should be called from the command line without a full path (ie just 'sslstrip' and 'ettercap -T').. if they both work then re-run yamas and see if it works for you..

NOTE:the path is not persistent for some reason so i make an alias for the export command in the ~/.bash_aliases file. You may do this via the following commands from a bt5 prompt:

Code:
    nano ~/.bash_aliases
    and add the following line: (the file may be blank if you do not use aliases)

Code:
    alias p='export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH'
    hit ctrl-x to save the file to the same location and then reboot the phone for good measure..

then every time you load the bt5 terminal on your phone via the 'bt' startup script you can just type 'p' and press enter to set your path before you get started.. it's quick and hackish but it works.. I messed around with ways to do this automatically but got sidetracked and haven't looked back into it in a bit.. hope this helps you!

If this does not solve your problem then let me know and we'll go from there!

enjoy!

Just burned his ISO

Will this script work with the SGS2? I was able to config parts of the etter.conf like ec_uid and ec_gid, also removed both of the # signs in front iptable section and saved the file. But still the script fail and shuts down. The error messages say that ec_uid and ec_gid is properly set up, but I need to remove the # from both of the iptables.
    Any ideas?

this is an issue with a dependency check. open the script in a txt editor and comment out or delete the section where it checks to see if ettercap is installed... it should look like the following:

Code:
    #ettercap needs more than to just be there so i threw in some notes about setting uid & gid and iptables rules
       echo -en "\tettercap\t\t\t"
       if dpkg -l | grep ettercap-common 1>/dev/null; then 
    	if [[ ! -z `cat /etc/etter.conf | grep 'ec_uid = 0'` ]]
    	then
    	echo -e "\t\033[32m[Success]\033[m"
    	echo -e "\033[38mNOTE:\033[m Your ec_uid is properly set to 0 but you must also uncomment the two iptables redirection commands under the Linux section (remove the # symbol at the beginning of the lines) or sniffing will fail. Do not uncomment the ipchains section unless you know what you're doing!" 
    	echo
    	echo "This message will only be viewed upon dependency checks"
    	echo
    	echo "*** Press any key to continue ***"
    	read -n 1 garbage
       	else 
    	echo -e "\t\033[31m[Failed!]\033[m"
    	echo "***NOTE: Your /etc/etter.conf file must be edited to make ettercap function properly. You must make sure your UID and GID are set to 0 (root). You must also uncomment (remove the # symbol) the two iptables redirection commands under the Linux section or sniffing will fail. Do not uncomment ipchains unless you know what you're doing!"
         echo 0 >> ./test.txt
       fi
       else 
       echo -e "\t\033[31m[Failed!]\033[m"
       echo 0 >> ./test.txt
       fi
    You may safely comment out or delete this section and that should fix your problem.. i'll see if i can mess with it and figure out why it didnt work for you.. let me know how it goes!

Just burned his ISO

Tried on BT5 on HTC sensation, edited /etc/etter.conf, and commented out the check for Ettercap, i constantly get the
    'cat : /root/yamas/yamas.txt: No such file or directory'

when i loginto facebook, i briefly see my password so its working, it just doesnt save any logs or passwords....but its working

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12