Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Script for sniffing traffic (port to arm)

Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar

Default Script for sniffing traffic (port to arm)

Hi everyone !
    As the admin at pcsci3nce.info asked me to, I ported my script YAMAS (http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...g-traffic.html) for BT-ARM distros.

This version only uses ettercap for the moment, but if it meets the same relative "success" as the two other versions, working on implementing new stuff like arpspoof, dns poisoning, etc. would be an option !

- The script supports targeting single or multiple targets, as well as the whole network
    - You can scan the network to discover live hosts.
    - You can add targets after attack is launched
    - The sniffed traffic is parsed on the fly to display credentials as they are sniffed
    - You can manipulate the real-time parsing according to your liking

EDIT :
    The available version was fully ported from maemo's by J0hnny b14z3 ! You can download it at http://comax.fr/yamas/btarm/yamas.sh !

Thanks to Johnny for the awesome work !
    Last edited by comaX; 07-18-2011 at 10:47 AM.
    Running both KDE and GNOME BT5 flawlessly. Thank you !

Default Re : Script for sniffing traffic (port to arm)

--Message deleted by comaX
    Last edited by comaX; 07-18-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Code was too long, now there's a link !

Default Re: Script for sniffing traffic (port to arm)

Hey ComaX, thanks for the work on this! Did you get display issues also though? the script seems to call for new xterm's which can't be provided in an android environment (running on droid 1).. I get display warnings (since there is no functional x server) and then it returns to the yamas main menu.. real time parsing doesn't seem to do anything and the logs are blank.. I realized this may be due to being hard coded with wlan0 for the interface which will cause issues for folks like myself who have an interface of tiwlan0 by default.. looks good though and with some tweaking could be a great script! Thanks for the groundwork! I'm working on porting a version of a sniffing script i wrote but i'm working through the same difficulties with displays and such.. also, the sslstrip errors in bt5 are a drag but at least it still works even if it doesn't print the data to the ettercap term! thanks again and good luck on the project!

Hi ! Well, this was supposed to be for ARM, but it turns out it's specifically made for maemo in the end... If you're willing to work with me on doing a BT-ARM version, I'd be glad !

What do you mean there is no functionnal x server ? If it's what I understand, we just need to get rid of xterms, which could be easily done.
    As for the interface, only need to use the correct name.
    Sslstrip errors can be dealt with by redirecting them to oblivion with 2> /dev/null

contact.comax@gmail.com to contact me fast !

Default Re: Re : Script for sniffing traffic (port to arm)

Quote Originally Posted by comaX View Post
    Hi ! Well, this was supposed to be for ARM, but it turns out it's specifically made for maemo in the end... If you're willing to work with me on doing a BT-ARM version, I'd be glad !

What do you mean there is no functionnal x server ? If it's what I understand, we just need to get rid of xterms, which could be easily done.
    As for the interface, only need to use the correct name.
    Sslstrip errors can be dealt with by redirecting them to oblivion with 2> /dev/null

contact.comax@gmail.com to contact me fast !
    Ahh gotcha!
    Sure i'd be happy to help out.. I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with.. I'm working on a droid 1 and so far having the bt session in my pocket has been great! gotta love apt-get capabilities on your cell .. there are obvious limitation but having a full bash terminal with command completion is nice (and not just having busybox commands to work with).. i've started porting my own script to the handset and have had success to a certain extent.. maybe between the two of us our code could bridge some gaps... if anybody else is interested in working on something like this please chime in!
    I'll be in touch within the next few days Coma and email the updates before i post for approval.. later

Mail read, and even if we'll probably modify it, you have full approval for posting !

Thanks for your interest !

Hey Coma, the updated and fully working version of this for android is pretty much done.. I also made a copy that will run in bt so you can preview it fully functional as it would be on the android.. it is designed to run completely within one terminal and be as user friendly as possible.. everything has a default and it all works well!(bt version tested on bt4r2) My main question is should i post a new thread for it, post it in this thread, or do you want to edit your original post? I've been lurking on the forums for a while but i've only started posting recently and I don't wanna spam, double post, or infringe on forum rules.. I'll send you the android version and the bt version through gmail first so you can check it out and edit the comments however you like.. then we'll figure out a good spot to dump it back to the world.. thanks again, it was fun!

Updated ! The script was too long for it to fit in the message, so I just posted the link to download it. I'll make a pastebin ASAP so that you guys can review it before downloading !
    Last edited by comaX; 07-18-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Excellent! thanks for letting me mess with it! If anyone has any issues or problems running this in any environment please take notes and let me know whats up! I'm willing to help debug and tweak it to be useful for everyone!

Enjoy folks!

Just burned his ISO Soultaker666's Avatar

Default Re: Script for sniffing traffic (port to arm)

I ran the script and chose all of the correct settings but it does not seem to be capturing anything. Should it show the passwords that it captures live? Or in the yamas.log file? What type of traffic is it suppose to be able to capture? Because, I have tried Gmail and FB both and it has found 0 passwords.

My etter.conf file is edited correctly and when I start the script it shows that everything checked was a success. Not quite sure what I am doing wrong. Any input would be GREAT! Thanks.
    If I win, you will be my slave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast