Hey everyone, hopefully I posted this in the right section. I know it's not very closely related to backtrack, but hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem.

My current computer has a few different HDDs installed in it, along with a SSD that I boot my main Windows 7 OS from. I keep all my data on a separate HDD, and I've got two extra HDDs that I don't really use. So I decided to install BT5 on one of the extra HDDs and use the entire disk, so I wouldn't have to bother with installing grub, but instead I could select the drive I wanted to boot from through my BIOS boot device selection page.

I installed BT5 on a 160GB HDD, removed the disc, and rebooted, thinking that I would load up my windows 7 again by default since that was the first drive configured on my boot order in my BIOS. Instead, the BT5 installation booted. I didn't think much of it, I figured I may have accidentally left the 160GB HDD before my OS drive on the boot order. But when I checked the boot order, my normal SSD was first, then the HDD that had BT installed on it.

After that, I manually selected to boot to the Win7 SSD and was presented with a terrifying error:

"boot disk failure insert system disk and press enter"

Since I got that error I've tried everything to get back into my Windows 7. I've loaded my default BIOS settings, searched forums for people with the same error, booted to the windows 7 repair disk, I can't figure it out.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I know this isn't really a backtrack-related problem, but I would appreciate any help I can get. I might try to install grub and manually create a selection to boot to my Windows 7 Drive.

Thanks!
-Grey