Thread: Running in to constant "command not found" issues

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Running in to constant "command not found" issues

I'm pretty new to BT in general, but I do have minor experience with linux. Unfortunately, while attempting to run dnsmap and any of the other commands that came with BT5, I keep running in to an error. "Command not found," seems to be the predominate error. If I click on "Applications > BackTrack >" and then attempt to use ANY of the tools that relate to the terminal, I always get a command not found. I ran an apt-cache find dnsmap on my system to try and find it, and BT came back saying that nothing had been found, but when I click on "dnsmap," it is clearly there as part of the installation. Is there something that I've done wrong? Can anyone point me in the right direction? When I attempted to google this, I did find some answers, but none of the answers related to my concern and were actually more geared towards BT2 as I did find a tutorial for dnsmap in the OLD forum section. Nothing else seems to help.

Default Re: Running in to constant "command not found" issues

Check MD5sum before burning/installing. Try resetting PATH variables. Hope this is useful.