Thread: Icons? where are they?

Default Icons? where are they?

Hi, used to BT4 I just installed BT5 and trying to have a similar desktop, I defined a "Recycle Bin" shortcut i the desktop. But the icon is something similar to a question mark, as if the system was not able to find the correct icons for the shortcut.

For defining it I used the same process I did for BT4:

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...n-desktop.html

that worked for me in BT4, but it doesn't in BT5. It seems it is not able to find where the icons are, or the way to do it is a different one.

Same problem with the desktop shortcut to Grimwepa, the icon is also a "?"

Any help, any idea of how can I solve it?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Icons? where are they?

FOR KDE:
    If you don't have a working trash icon on your desktop already right click "create new" then "link to location url" type "trash:/" (without quotes). Then go into "System Settings" then "Application Appearance" click "Icons"... You will need your icons in a theme...

Default Re: Recycle Bin to desktop, how to change Icon Full/Empty?

ViperMM, thanks for your answer.

BUT, I thought that doing what you suggest gave to me a similar shortcut to the one I already have for the Trash in the desktop, without the icons for the trash full or the trash empty.

But, doing it, I got a "trash icon" with different icon reference to the ones I had in the BT4 installation.

New problem is that it only gives to me the "full trash" icon, not the "empty one". I tried to change the "Icon" parameter to "EmptyIcon" and "FullIcon" as I had in BT4, but it doesn't work.

So, the new question is: How to have the Recycle Bin icon changing from Empty to Full or viceversa, reflecting its status?

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by fjecp; 06-12-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Just burned his ISO

After a quick look over I was able to find this folder... /usr/share/icons/oxygen/
    That is where the only theme that BackTrack comes with for icons is...
    I suppose you could try loading the ".theme" into an editor and maybe edit the graphics...
    I think there is a theme builder app for kDE floating about but it isn't in the repos...
    Good Luck!

Thanks again, ViperMM

I also found the folder you refer to, but the problem now is that the icon doesn't reflect the correct status of the trash. In fact, the icon is always "trash full", I tried to correct it putting the parameter "EmptyIcon" editing the trash definition in the desktop, but it doesn't work. The value I put in the parameter for the empty icon should be correct, because if I put it as value of the parameter "Icon", the trash icon reflects "empty", but the problem is that, again, I don't found the way to have the icon changing to reflect the correct status of the trash.

Might be the parameter "EmptyIcon" is not valid or did change in the Ubuntu release BT5 is based on?

Any other cue to have the desktop trash icon reflecting the correct status?

Thanks again

Javier