Thread: Wicd ,dhclient fails to get IP from wifi router.

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Wicd ,dhclient fails to get IP from wifi router.

after finally getting my broadcom card to work in BT5 dhclient now fails to get the Ip . if i keep trying over and over it occasionally connects and will work fine. But i may have to try and connect 20+ times before it goes. and it fails on all types of connections, and on multiple routers.

let me know what info i should post to help you better understand my problem. also im new to linux so i dont know alot of console commands.

thanks.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Wicd ,dhclient fails to get IP from wifi router.

Hello,

I'm having similar problems. Also, when I am connected to a network or using Airodump-ng my adapter will disconnect or stop monitoring after a short time. Anywhere from 1 minute in to 40 minutes in.

Looks like it's dhclient causing my problems too. Is it possible to remove dhclient or stop it from running all of the time? I've tried killing it off - but it just keeps running, so I assume something else is using it.

Cheers,

Diachi

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Wicd ,dhclient fails to get IP from wifi router.

Hey,

Turned off DHCP on wlan0 by editing the configuration file ( /etc/network/interfaces ). This didn't solve my problem, although I believe it did stop dhclient from running.

Cheers,

Diachi

Just burned his ISO

Default AW: Wicd ,dhclient fails to get IP from wifi router.

I have the same problem, I tried removing dhclient and installing/using dhcpcd instead but WICD still is unable to obtain an IP address. If you google it you'll see that many people suffer this bug(?) with WICD 1.7.0.

Is there a better/more reliable way to connect to a network and obtain an IP-address rather than using WICD or network manager ? Im somewhat irritated by WICD's errors...