Thread: Question about the OSWP certification

Threaded View

Default Question about the OSWP certification

Hey guys, I'm sorry but I'm not sure where to put this question so mods if it's in the wrong place or there's a better one for it feel free to close it and let me know, or move it.

I am interested in taking the OSWP (Offensive Security Wireless Professional) exam so I went to the website and signed up, got the pre-reg email, returned the registration form asking me some questions about my background, then received the post-reg email informing me that I needed to go to the website and input CC information to officially register for the course.

I noticed in reading the post-reg email that it said I will receive a link to download BT3 along with my course materials. Is that test really that outdated? I don't really want to drop $350 on a test that utilizes an OS that is two releases behind. Also I have heard that the OSWP exam is pointed very heavily at WEP which I am not terribly interested in learning because I already have a lot of experience with cracking WEP. It seems that $350 is a lot to pay for a course to teach me how to use an outdated version of aircrack just to receive a piece of paper that says OSWP on it.

Is there a more current version of this cert which uses current technologies, WPA/WPA2 and BT4 or BT5? Or maybe another one I should look into like the CWSP from Cisco? I love the Offensive Security style of testing with hands-on tests as opposed to multiple choice book-smarts garbage, but I'm afraid with this one I might just be throwing away my money on something I already know.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ThePistonDoctor; 06-09-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    cd ~
    cd ./fridge
    rm beer
    cd ../bedroom
    more beer