Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could not connect to wicd's D-Bus interface

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Could not connect to wicd's D-Bus interface

I am having the exact same problem guys. Exact same to the letter. Using an aspire one d255e with a Atheros AR5B95 wifi card. What's strange is I know the card works perfectly. I can use aircrack-ng suite with full packet injection support, I just can use Wicd. I've got a killer headache from trying to drink this back into working order.

Just burned his ISO

I think I figured out the answer, at least I got mine working. Edit your /etc/network/interfaces so that it only contains the follwoing:

Code:
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    Something about the D-bus manager won't initialize. Now I can't say that it will work for wicd, but it did work for network-manager-gnome which is infinitely more asthetically apealing anyway. If it doesn't fix your problem, try:

Code:
    apt-get install synaptec
    apt-get install network-manager-gnome
    Then rightclick your panel>Add to Panel>Notification Area

You may also need to run nm-applet from the command line.

Please admins, unlock my account so this info can get to this guy.

Just burned his ISO

im having this exact same problem.. and when i enter in nothing seems to work, i am also on an aspire one d255e netbook, as the user up there is... could that be the issue? someone please help us

Just burned his ISO

I've had the same thing occur, and after over-thinking it and trying all sorts of different things, I found that the "Automatically connect.." [X] toggle in the wicd interface seems to correct -at least, temporarily- the issue.

It's very finicky, but seemingly works fine for me now.

Might be that the toggle is completely irrelevant and was coincidental; just offering my two cents.

Just burned his ISO

Default well its been a week since i started trying to post on this forum, mods wont approve

well its been a week since i started trying to post on this forum, mods wont approve my posts, so im just gonna give up on backtrack.. i cant get past this error and im not allowed to post to ask questions, so i think ill uninstall backtrack.. i too have this error.. wish someone would fix it.. anyway good luck ppl ill try an alternative program

Just burned his ISO

This happen to me .. all so .. later find out we did not select the correct encryption
    Wicd > Properties of the network wants to connect > just above the password key in location > select Correct Encryption type such as WPA 1/2 etc > then it work

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: well its been a week since i started trying to post on this forum, mods wont appr

Quote Originally Posted by noobhao View Post
    well its been a week since i started trying to post on this forum, mods wont approve my posts, so im just gonna give up on backtrack.. i cant get past this error and im not allowed to post to ask questions, so i think ill uninstall backtrack.. i too have this error.. wish someone would fix it.. anyway good luck ppl ill try an alternative program
    No offense dude but you're not going guilt trip anybody into answering you/helping you

And honestly, if you can't fix it, then maybe you shouldn't be using Backtrack and should maybe switch to another distro so that you can learn Linux...

Like the user above me said, I guarantee that you do not have the right encryption method chosen...actually happened to me today, I was on a WPA network and switched to a WEP but for some reason, wicd didn't recognize the encryption type and it was still waiting for a WPA password...

Again, maybe check out ubuntu (kubuntu if you're using KDE) or Linux Mint...then once you learn more about linux and pentesting (the wicd error isn't even a linux error, it's a critical thinking error..which is 90% of hacking) come back to BackTrack

like I said, I am not tryin to be rude, just being honest with you homie

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: well its been a week since i started trying to post on this forum, mods wont appr

Hey d1zzY it's not a no0b problem by the way. It's a known issue and not one particular fix has worked for everybody as of yet. I heard it was actually a problem with WICD being really buggy in BT5 R1. It does the same bs with me even with an open network, static IP set and all the other so called fixes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't it's a hit or miss. Don't be rude to the new guys, it's bad enough that most people on this forum are arrogant and think they know it all and some are here to help. I've been using BT since BT2 and when you have a question I've heard people say they wouldn't ever post on this forum because people like you like to bit their heads off. Let them learn and help or what the h3ll are help forums for. No OS is perfect nor is any human.

Just burned his ISO

What Nitrogen said. This is the most ridiculous problem I've ever run into, and took me FOREVER to find the fix that worked for me. I'm not even sure why it worked to be honest. It doesn't automatically populate /etc/network/interfaces with fresh data. It just works. If anyone has any insight as to why that fix does work, I'd love to hear about it.

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

It seems to me like you have a problem with thw wifi card and the BT5 driver...Maybe a conectivity bug with wicd...You could try uninstalling wicd and installing network-manager instead...Try it...
    Also if you can replace the wifi card with another one like atheros per say and try, or try a usb wifi...
    Hope it helps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast