Thread: WNA-1330 works pretty much, but watch out

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation WNA-1330 works pretty much, but watch out

FYI, I picked up a couple D-Link WNA-1330 cards this past week. They work pretty well with madwifi-ng and Backtrack of course. I did find one "bug", though.

When the card is enabled and in monitor mode it can not change back to channel 1 via iwconfig commands.

iwconfig ath0 channel 1

Will not work. It will not COMPLAIN either. So unless you are actually double-checking the freq you are on, you don't know that it's not working.

To get the card back on channel 1 for monitoring, you'll have to ifconfig ath0 down, iwconfig ath0 channel 1, and then ifconfig ath0 up.

I doubt this is a Backtrack "thing", probably madwifi-ng instead, but I noticed it with the latest Backtrack and figured I'd just write a quick note. If anyone has more details or a better explanation or similar issues with any other cards, I'd love to hear it.

BT2 final is pretty slick, BTW. I'm a fan. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Beetle

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

A wide person would write themselves a quick little script to execute those commands.

Quote Originally Posted by beetle View Post
    FYI, I picked up a couple D-Link WNA-1330 cards this past week. They work pretty well with madwifi-ng and Backtrack of course. I did find one "bug", though.

When the card is enabled and in monitor mode it can not change back to channel 1 via iwconfig commands.

iwconfig ath0 channel 1

Will not work. It will not COMPLAIN either. So unless you are actually double-checking the freq you are on, you don't know that it's not working.

To get the card back on channel 1 for monitoring, you'll have to ifconfig ath0 down, iwconfig ath0 channel 1, and then ifconfig ath0 up.

I doubt this is a Backtrack "thing", probably madwifi-ng instead, but I noticed it with the latest Backtrack and figured I'd just write a quick note. If anyone has more details or a better explanation or similar issues with any other cards, I'd love to hear it.

Sincerely,

Beetle
    Good info to know. I edited the Wiki to reflect what you found.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by beetle View Post

iwconfig ath0 channel 1

Sincerely,

Beetle
    Good info to know. I edited the Wiki to reflect what you found and linked it to your post.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";