Basically I have BT5 installed on an external USB hard drive. I initially installed it using the entire drive and it worked great as a portable OS. However I created a 20gb NTFS partition on the drive for me to save some windows stuff, BT still has 50gb of space.

However after adding the NTFS partition (took the space from the ext3 partition as it was 70gb) it seems to have screwed up the boot into BT5. Now when I boot from the USB drive instead of loading BT it takes me to a black page command prompt which says:

GNU GRUB version 1.98-1ubuntu12

Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible device or file completions

grub>_

How do I restore BT5 to the grub menu? As usually when I boot from USB it goes to a menu where I pick to boot backtrack, debug mode etc. This has only started happening since I added the NTFS partition (which isn't bootable, jus removable storage).

Any help would be much appreciated, moved from ubuntu onto backtrack recently, this is the first problem I've had, along with the captcha to make this post