Thread: BT5 on ASUS EEE 1215N

Just burned his ISO

Default BT5 on ASUS EEE 1215N

Hello,

i installed Bt5 to hard drive on my ASUS EEE 1215N with the 14e4:4727 broadcom wlan chipset.

when i but it into montitor mode BT creates a mon0 Interface which is in montitor mode.

when i start airodump-ng with mon0 it starts to monitor all networks and collects beacons.

the strange thing is that it does not record the data packages ... i goggled now like 2h and asked in the aircrack IRC but without success. anyone of you got a idea how i can fix this issue ?

airmon-ng output:

Interface Chipset Driver
    wlan0 unknown brcm80211 -[phy0]
    mon0 unknown brcm80211 -[phy0]
    when i connect my USB wlan card everything works superb!

atheros > broadcom

hope you can help

Default Re: BT5 on ASUS EEE 1215N

14e4:4727 broadcom wich has driver wl .. was not supporting injection in bt4 .. but looks in bt5 an update patch is done to it .. for being monitoring in new interface .. but no packets or even no client are connected are shown to me in my card .. i have same as yours
    also if you test injection it says injection works ..
    driver is still under develop
    so i say to get a usb alfa better or to get any gd wireless card wich supports injection .. read more .. and you will find lot of informations ..
    REGARDS
    ---> 3v3RY D4y P4ss3S 1 f0uNd N3W th1NGs <---
    Knowing how 2 use BT dsnt mean that u r hacker

Just burned his ISO

Default AW: Re: BT5 on ASUS EEE 1215N

Quote Originally Posted by m0j4h3d View Post
    14e4:4727 broadcom wich has driver wl .. was not supporting injection in bt4 .. but looks in bt5 an update patch is done to it .. for being monitoring in new interface .. but no packets or even no client are connected are shown to me in my card .. i have same as yours
    also if you test injection it says injection works ..
    driver is still under develop
    so i say to get a usb alfa better or to get any gd wireless card wich supports injection .. read more .. and you will find lot of informations ..
    REGARDS

So there is no way to make it work with the built in chip? sucks ... i own a a B/G ALFA but i don't want to carry it always with me ...

Just burned his ISO

What makes you think that your chipset is Broadcom? I have the same laptop (Asus 1215N) and have been trying to get mine to work ever since I bought it. I'm having the exact same problem as you, but I have an Atheros chipset. I'm using the ath9k drivers.

My issue is that I can get it into monitoring mode and even confirm that it is injecting with aireplay-ng --test mon0 but airodump is not collecting data packets and aireplay is not replaying ARP requests. It just sends packets but no ARPs. I read on the aircrack-ng wiki that it may be an issue with the AP not sending any ARPs out and therefore there is nothing to replay, but I've never run into that before on any other machines. I'm waiting to test with a different AP to see if that's the case.

I've been documenting everything that I've gone through so far, but have not had any luck http://www.thedr1ver.com/2011/05/fix...rack-4-r2.html

Last night I got fed up with it and decided to try a different distro. I uninstalled BT4R2 and, rather than try BT5 (which I heard was a little buggy right now), I installed the latest version of Ubuntu. Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem with Ubuntu that I was having with BT4R2.

If anyone has an elegant solution, I'd love to hear it. I've been working on this for too long to give up searching.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by CeMPUTER View Post
    Hello,

i installed Bt5 to hard drive on my ASUS EEE 1215N with the 14e4:4727 broadcom wlan chipset.

when i but it into montitor mode BT creates a mon0 Interface which is in montitor mode.

when i start airodump-ng with mon0 it starts to monitor all networks and collects beacons.

the strange thing is that it does not record the data packages ... i goggled now like 2h and asked in the aircrack IRC but without success. anyone of you got a idea how i can fix this issue ?

airmon-ng output:

Interface Chipset Driver
    wlan0 unknown brcm80211 -[phy0]
    mon0 unknown brcm80211 -[phy0]
    when i connect my USB wlan card everything works superb!

atheros > broadcom

hope you can help
    I've the same problem than you so I propose you to work together to find a solution

What we have :
    I'm running on a BT 5 KDE 32bits with a dual boot with windows 7 64 bits, I can run windows 64 bits properly but the BT5 KDE 64 bits version don't permit me to start the startx so...I still don't understand windows says that my processeur is a 64 capable and linux says no...that should be the contrary....

Then it's ok

I need now some informations to help me to know if I can or not use the injection/monitoring mode both.

1) what's my card , I wan to find a way to know that information throught linux
    2) what's the driver my card use
    3) who are the driver that can properly run with my card
    4) if I found a driver that permit me to use injection/monitoring mode I install it and test again

Quite simple.

so what's my card ? and how I can know it better ?