Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Network driver understanding

Default Re: Network driver understanding

by the way very good reading thanks polak
    Thank you.
    ol this guy,I give you 110% for effort in trying to help him iliyapolak,
    Many people want spoon -feeding and they will not try to learn those topics on their own.
    Scientia ac Labore

Just burned his ISO

im new to linux and backtrack so please dont put me down like that. it is very hurtfull

im new to linux and backtrack so please dont put me down like that. it is very hurtfull
    I have been only trying to enlighten you and to give you a proper direction in your hacking journey.
    By the way i am linux newbie too , but i try to constantly improve my knowledge and understanding of linux and linux inner workings by reading books.
    Scientia ac Labore

Good friend of the forums gunrunr's Avatar

I'm going to just throw this out there but this distro is't too friendly to noobs in general. Most of the tools here require root privileges to run, but by logging into root and typing into console windows you are exposing yourself to some major fail if you mistype a command. Also Backtrack doesn't really come with documentation other than the man pages for most of the tools. If you want help for very general questions that don't have any bearing on pen-testing, ask them in the ubuntu forums. Or search via google.
    On a personal note i learned linux on my own as well. I bought a FOSS magazine back in 2003 that had a copy of fedora, then it was knoppix and then slackware. A lot of forum posts and O'reilly books later i'm pretty happy with my knowlege of linux. I did take college courses but the linux they teach in most college is pretty boring and not very real-world. Most students with A's in a college linux class can't even build a custom kernel, and they had problems figuring how to use linux from a command line only.
    My best advice is probably to run a live disk and play with some commands, learn the command line and embrace its power. Read some forums, read some of the rally good linux blogs out there too. If you do all that and practice you won't feel like a noob for long.
    Wielder of the spoon of doom
    Summercon, Toorcon, Defcon, Bsides, Derbycon, Shmoocon oh my
    Come hang out with hackers on twitter @gunrunr556

My best advice is probably to run a live disk and play with some commands, learn the command line and embrace its power. Read some forums, read some of the rally good linux blogs out there too. If you do all that and practice you won't feel like a noob for long.
    He is not following any advices which has been given to him on this forum.
    Scientia ac Labore

Just burned his ISO

Ok thanx guys. The reason why i didnt follow your advice is because i didnt understand it. The jargen you used was very confusing to me. but i admit i should of read what you told me to. thanx and sory for being such a noob

Ok thanx guys. The reason why i didnt follow your advice is because i didnt understand it. The jargen you used was very confusing to me. but i admit i should of read what you told me to. thanx and sory for being such a noob
    Everybody was a noob at the beginning.Do not feel down because of it, just read as much as you can and practice by the end you will get a good grasp of wi-fi , networking , drivers and OS architecture and implementation.
    Read these books: Windows internals,802.11 wireless security (heavy on math and theory),Understanding Linux Network Internals.
    Scientia ac Labore

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12