Thread: Reset Default Panel??

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Reset Default Panel??

Hi everyone, I accidentally closed the bt5 default panel and when I opened a new one, it was different than the installation default panel. How can I put it back in the original form? I'm using BT5 KDE.

Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Reset Default Panel??

I was playing around with plasmas etc.. and messed up mine. This is how u fix it. If your still logged in. open a root xterm and issue "mv .kde/ ..kdebkup/ .
    logout then startx.
    As a last resort which happened to me. grab that live cd or usb you installed from load it up and mount your partition to see your linux drive then copy .kde over to .kde/ on your linux partition reboot and your done.Q anyquestions pm me

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Reset Default Panel??

Quote Originally Posted by tego16 View Post
    Hi everyone, I accidentally closed the bt5 default panel and when I opened a new one, it was different than the installation default panel. How can I put it back in the original form? I'm using BT5 KDE.

Thanks!
    First time using backtrack new to the forums. I just did this as I got a menu stuck behind it thinking I could restore it. I just tinkered around with it a bit. Right click new default panel. add Application Menu change its setting icon to the backtrack one. Looks just like it was before then put down konsole didn't need to put down its own web browser as I do not use it.

If you have used an operating system before you must have known that you can just customize them /edit them by right clicking and just trailing it out. I really don't think it matters if you have the original panel or not its about how comfortable you are with your surroundings and what you would on your bar.

Its open source for a reason experiment!