Thread: Good Books to read??

Just burned his ISO

Question Good Books to read??

Is hacking exposed 5th edition a good book to learn from?
    If anyone can point me in the right directions of what books are good one for Linux, Network Security, Network Vulnarabilities, and ect..., I would much appreciate it.

Thanx,
    slayer

Linux network administration is a good learn linux book. We used it my freshman year of college and i still use it a reference.

Cisco Penetration Testing is another good one on ways to approach Pen testing and exploits.

Im waiting for the metasploit book which should be great!

hope those first 2 books help.

[editz] I havent gotten around to it yet, but i hear the 2 books by kevin mtnick are good. Art of intrustion and art of deception. [/editz]

Quote Originally Posted by slayer View Post
    Is hacking exposed 5th edition a good book to learn from?
    If anyone can point me in the right directions of what books are good one for Linux, Network Security, Network Vulnarabilities, and ect..., I would much appreciate it.

Thanx,
    slayer
    hacking exposed is a waste of money. A huge chunk of the book just lists exploits and a *VERY* brief description of what it does. You can get better exploits and how its done from milw0rm. Just my 2 pesos for ya.

Just burned his ISO

Thanx for suggestions.
    I am going to order a couple of books tomorrow. If anyone else has any good suggestions please feel free to post.

Thanx
    slayer