I had some problems installing with 'first' Boot option BackTrack Text - Default boot mode
for some reason I got a blank screen when I started X. Using the fourth option which is named exactly the same seem to cure this!

Hardware Spec
XPS L502x : 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost Display : 15.6" FHD B+RGLED True-Life (1920x1080) : Memory : 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel : Hard Drive : 750GB Serial ATA (7200RPM) Optical Drive : 8x DVD+/-RW Optical Drive : Graphics : 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M Graphics card : Wireless : Europe Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 (1x2 b/g/n+ Bluetooth Combo Card) Mobile Broadband : Internal Dell Wireless 5540 built-in 3G/HSDPA for Vodafone SIM

Aircrack-ng needed to be recompiled from source for airmon-ng to stop hanging whilst detecting the wifi card. Once this was done the card works fine and supports injection.

It maybe a bug but for some reason epdfview was not installed by default, where it was on the VM's that I installed using the same image, but the first grub boot option.

I have not tested the bluetooth card yet.
I hope this useful to anyone considering a new Dell XPS laptop.