I've been trying to uninstall firefox 4.0.1 and then install a older more stable version of firefox on my bt5. Though when i try to install the older version of firefox back onto my bt5 it seems to install firefox 4.0.1 first and then as well the older version of firefox.

The command used to uninstall firefox 4.0.1:
apt-get remove --purge firefox
The command used to install the older version:
apt-get install firefox-3.0
The output of the install command:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The follwoing extra packages will be installed:
The following extra packages will be installed:
firefox firefox-3.0
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 14 not upgraded. Need to get 0B/11.7MB of achives. After this operation, 139kB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y Selecting previously deselected package firefox. (Reading database ... 231949 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking firefox (from .../firefox_4.0.1-bt0_amd64.deb) ... Selecting previously deselected package firefox-3.0. Unpacking firefox-3.0 (from .../firefox-3.0_3.6.17+build3+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1_all.deb) ... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ... Processing triggers for python-gmenu ... Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/desktop.en_US.utf8.cache... Processing triggers for python-support ... Setting up firefox (4.0.1-bt0) Setting up firefox-3.0 (3.6.17+build3+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1) ...
any suggestions on why firefox 4.0.1 is being installed instead of firefox 3.0?