I've been trying to uninstall firefox 4.0.1 and then install a older more stable version of firefox on my bt5. Though when i try to install the older version of firefox back onto my bt5 it seems to install firefox 4.0.1 first and then as well the older version of firefox.

Code:
The command used to uninstall firefox 4.0.1:
apt-get remove --purge firefox
Code:
The command used to install the older version:
apt-get install firefox-3.0
Code:
The output of the install command:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The follwoing extra packages will be installed:
firefox
The following extra packages will be installed:
firefox firefox-3.0
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 14 not upgraded. Need to get 0B/11.7MB of achives. After this operation, 139kB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y Selecting previously deselected package firefox. (Reading database ... 231949 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking firefox (from .../firefox_4.0.1-bt0_amd64.deb) ... Selecting previously deselected package firefox-3.0. Unpacking firefox-3.0 (from .../firefox-3.0_3.6.17+build3+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1_all.deb) ... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ... Processing triggers for python-gmenu ... Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/desktop.en_US.utf8.cache... Processing triggers for python-support ... Setting up firefox (4.0.1-bt0) Setting up firefox-3.0 (3.6.17+build3+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1) ...
any suggestions on why firefox 4.0.1 is being installed instead of firefox 3.0?