Since the last upgrade to metasploit 3.7.1 from the backtrack repos, metasploit has not worked.
I have tried to re-install, remove then re-install various versions 3.6.0 etc etc from the repos, all to no avail.
I have tried to build it from the full metasploit installation from their website and the package does not complete the install - complaining about, postgresql password being wrong even tho the previous install was removed and the services/processes killed.
Also the package download from the repo is very very slow and it times out frequently, (I have a good internet connection and other packages download quickly).
Please could someone shed some light on this problem.