Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missing applications in Backtrack 5?

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Missing applications in Backtrack 5?

Hey all.

Might sound very stupid but...,
    i cant find wesside-ng, wepbuster and many other wifi related applications that use to be included in Backtrack,
    they been removed or ?

Good friend of the forums gunrunr's Avatar

Default Re: Missing applications in Backtrack 5?

you can reinstall them if you like, but since the dev team decided to make a lean mean pentesting machine built on the concepts of PTES, they decided to be a little less wifi heavy as in the past. most of the regular aircrack-ng suite is still installed, you just have to find them.
    Wielder of the spoon of doom
    Summercon, Toorcon, Defcon, Bsides, Derbycon, Shmoocon oh my
    Come hang out with hackers on twitter @gunrunr556

I can respect ptes, but hardwired lans,is hacking of the past. everything is wireless,these days,im surprized there is no 3 or 4 g cell tools yet. where im at not many people use the voip tools,or vpn. I have access to cisco routers and switches, i guess if you wanto to crack websites or mitm its a good distr.
    So thanks for a great distro. I tried apt-get install wepbuster,but i guesse its not that easy,lol thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3l33t1 View Post
    I can respect ptes, but hardwired lans,is hacking of the past. everything is wireless,these days,im surprized there is no 3 or 4 g cell tools yet. where im at not many people use the voip tools,or vpn. I have access to cisco routers and switches, i guess if you wanto to crack websites or mitm its a good distr.
    So thanks for a great distro. I tried apt-get install wepbuster,but i guesse its not that easy,lol thanks
    I have to disagree that hardwired LANs are a thing of the past. If anything WEP encryption is a thing of the past. The only place you are going to encounter WEP anymore is home networks and businesses who have a clueless administrator.

I agree about wep being a thing of the past, Just saying if your using the lan method(from ur house). Cracking websites,or corp gain then there is plenty of tools.
    I guesse you could test the security of your routers,website,or wpa passphrase.

Just burned his ISO

a network admin is only as good as his manager. case and point: my company owner is still using a thinkpad that supports infared.

Quote Originally Posted by 3l33t1 View Post
    Don't take this wrong, but that's the funniest thing I've read here since BT5 has been released.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Don't take this wrong, but that's the funniest thing I've read here since BT5 has been released.
    +1 for that )))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Re: Does This BackTrack 5 Comes With A New Spoonwep tool?
    We removed all of those garbage tools. Feel free to add them back to your copy of BT if you need to.
    Only skid stains need all of those raggedy tools anyhow.
    This was the help i recieved!

Good friend of the forums gunrunr's Avatar

that was ArchangelAmael i presume. Programs like spoonwep are commonly seen as skiddie tools to many pentesters who do security for a living, included with the standard install of bt5 is gerix wifi cracker, which does a much better job than spoonwep did anyhow since spoonwep was written for bt3. Their are still many great tools installed here, try some new tricks, and if you like the older tools most of them can still be installed just go apt-get install them.
    Wielder of the spoon of doom
    Summercon, Toorcon, Defcon, Bsides, Derbycon, Shmoocon oh my
    Come hang out with hackers on twitter @gunrunr556

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast