Thread: Serious problems

Just burned his ISO

Default Serious problems

Hi all. I tried to install Backtrack 5 KDE-64 on virtualbox on my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop, but it claims I have just installed UBUNTU. That is very strange. Also, when i try to reboot, it says "Going down for a reboot NOW", AND JUST STAYS there and does nothing. I am unsure of what I am supposed to be doing. Help please?

Default Re: Serious problems

hi,

when booting it says ubuntu, with Linux 2.6.38 this is because Backtrack is based on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, Linux kernel 2.6.38.
    There is indeed a small bug in the KDE 64-bit version where it hangs and keeps hanging (the lazy ****) after you installed and want to reboot.
    There are a few workarounds:
    1 When it asks after the installation to keep using the live version or reboot choose keep using live version, then open a console and type:
    shutdown -h now when you pc is turned off just turn it back on and you good to go.

2 When your trigger finger was faster then you and you chose reboot after the installation and the lazy **** keeps hanging puch the power button of your pc and keep pushing till your pc is turned off and then turn it back on and you good to go.