Thread: Struggling to combine word lists in BT5, a little help please :)

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Red face Struggling to combine word lists in BT5, a little help please :)

Hi everyone, im trying to combine some wordlists i have as they are mainly small files 16-17kb although one or 2 are nearer 2gb but i dont want to do the large ones just yet incase it all goes wrong!

the command im using is

root@bt:~# cat /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/try5 /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/try6/>bigfile.txt

Firstly i know im missing something, The code works but starts putting out info like this....

/root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/junk: line 1: aardvark: command not found
    /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/junk: line 2: aazq: command not found
    ab: wrong number of arguments

So its reading the lines and trying to run the password as a command??
    It then carrys on running scritp trying to run putting out this kinda info......
    /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/jargon: line 621: bbl: command not found
    /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/jargon: line 622: bbn: command not found
    /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/jargon: line 623: bbnlisp: command not found
    /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/jargon: line 624: bboard: command not found
    /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/jargon: line 625: bboards: command not found

I know im missing a command somewhere and im off back to the drawing board later to try and figure it out but any help in the mean time is totally appreciated.

Cheers, P.s I am a newbie

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Struggling to combine word lists in BT5, a little help please :)

And also as you can see in the line junk and jargon, These are just different files i have tried but no matter what file i try it all leads to the same outputs!

this is more of a Linux question.

I thought about making it simple but thought... nah...

Heres a script I wrote to do this
    You could put this in a whateveryounamedit.sh file chmod +x and run it with ./whateveryounamedit.sh

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

# change the below values
    password_file="/path/to/password_folder"     #without a forward slash at the end
    output_file="test"
    minimum_lenghth="8"
    maximum_lenghth="63"

list="$(ls $password_file)"
       for item in ${list[@]} ; do
          cat $password_file/$item | pw-inspector -m $minimum_lenghth -M $maximum_lenghth >> $password_file/$output_file
       done
    cat $password_file/$output_file | sort -u >> output_final
    rm $password_file/$output_file
    "Never do anything against conscience -- even if the state demands it."
    -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

cat /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/try5 /root/Desktop/Passwordsall/Passwords/try6 >bigfile.txt

You just had an extra / on the end of your command

Just burned his ISO

Well i knew it had to be something simple!!
    Thank you scamentology and thank you MattMan, One day i will be able to help others lol.

Cheers Guys

Edit:

Well ive managed to sort most of my files im getting there with it slowly, the only issue i have is that a couple of files are too large to use with aircrack so i have been looking around to find some code to split the files into smaller chunks i found a couple but they or i dont seem to be working right lol
    this is the example i was given ( --bytes=500m wordlist.txt1 wordlist.txt-split1 ) would any body be kind enough to either point me in the right direction of code or maybe even nicer show me how its done
    Last edited by sickness; 06-24-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Merged posts.