Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Internet EXTREMELY slow on BT5 KDE 32bit

Just burned their ISO

Default Re: Internet EXTREMELY slow on BT5 KDE 32bit

and this is exactly why I am straight up finished with backtrack... there are tons of other distributions out there which have zero problems with the Alfa awus036h, even gimp assed wifiway.

cummon guys, I really wish I read the forums before I wasted my time on the gigs it took to download... it's only the most popular card in the universe for dishing around.

maybe put a warning that on your download page about the bum performance browsing the web... which seems to ne an impossible task for BT5r3x64-KDE.

I formatted my drive for you~

and this is exactly why I am straight up finished with backtrack... there are tons of other distributions out there which have zero problems with the Alfa awus036h, even gimp assed wifiway.

cummon guys, I really wish I read the forums before I wasted my time on the gigs it took to download... it's only the most popular card in the universe for dishing around.

maybe put a warning that on your download page about the bum performance browsing the web... which seems to ne an impossible task for BT5r3x64-KDE.

I formatted my drive for you~
    I'm sure the development team didn't spend many hours of their time to make a penetration testing distribution so that it worked flawlessly on the internet for you. Why don't you try and help instead of bashing something just because it doesn't work they way you want it. You didn't have to pay for BT, appreciate it for what it is, which is brilliant.

Quit your moaning.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy87 View Post
    I'm sure the development team didn't spend many hours of their time to make a penetration testing distribution so that it worked flawlessly on the internet for you. Why don't you try and help instead of bashing something just because it doesn't work they way you want it. You didn't have to pay for BT, appreciate it for what it is, which is brilliant.

Quit your moaning.
    what's the use if you can't update and add packages via synaptic package manager? Firefox will not update either...

so exactly what does this have that a 300mb distro does not have or can be added very quickly besides bloatware?

seems a little over the top to me :/

cosmicartefact,

Aside from the fact that you are a total jackass with your post. Did you bother to perhaps TRY to do some googling and figure out if maybe the included drivers.....RTL8187L........Maybe they are for doing packet injection and NOT internet connectivity? Perhaps if you went to realteks website and installed the driver that you would be able to surf with an Alfa? No you didnt. If you had bothered to do some research, you would have found that the driver provided by realtek WORKS flawlessly for surfing, and the driver provided by the BACKTRACK team works flawlessly for injection. Using them as you need them with modprobe and modprobe -r respectively enables the user to do what they need to do with an Alfa card. How do I know? Cuz I have one, and yes I did my frickin research, and yes, I am posting this to you now with my Alfa...

**fuming mad**
    V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..[quote]I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. [/quote]

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by snafu777 View Post
    cosmicartefact,

Aside from the fact that you are a total jackass with your post. Did you bother to perhaps TRY to do some googling and figure out if maybe the included drivers.....RTL8187L........Maybe they are for doing packet injection and NOT internet connectivity? Perhaps if you went to realteks website and installed the driver that you would be able to surf with an Alfa? No you didnt. If you had bothered to do some research, you would have found that the driver provided by realtek WORKS flawlessly for surfing, and the driver provided by the BACKTRACK team works flawlessly for injection. Using them as you need them with modprobe and modprobe -r respectively enables the user to do what they need to do with an Alfa card. How do I know? Cuz I have one, and yes I did my frickin research, and yes, I am posting this to you now with my Alfa...

**fuming mad**
    yeah man my apologies... I have been researching the issue for 2 days, tried every fix still nothing. I have since wiped the partition and will experiment with it from the usb until it's working right.

I figure the problem is with a PAE for the nVidia card... (Dell d630, T7250, 8gigs Ram, Quadro nvs135m graphics)

again... apologies, I just really want this to work, and as a full fledged environment.

yeah man my apologies... I have been researching the issue for 2 days, tried every fix still nothing. I have since wiped the partition and will experiment with it from the usb until it's working right.

I figure the problem is with a PAE for the nVidia card... (Dell d630, T7250, 8gigs Ram, Quadro nvs135m graphics)

again... apologies, I just really want this to work, and as a full fledged environment.
    That's more like it....it's difficult at the best of times. Keep at it. If you need help people on this forum will help you, without you bashing BT

What does nvidia have to do with 802.11?

Have you researched realtek drivers yet? If you can't find the link i'll shoot it to you.
    V/r,
    Snafu
    Pffbt..[quote]I made a discovery today. I found a computer. Wait a second, this is cool. It does what I want it to. If it makes a mistake, it's because I screwed it up. Not because it doesn't like me... Or feels threatened by me.. Or thinks I'm a smart ass.. [/quote]

Very good friend of the forum maverik35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicartefact View Post

Sorry, but Kernel PAE does not have anything to do with the athk9 issue, PAE means Physical Address Extension, which is used when running 32bit OS (obviously under a 32bit proccessors) to be able for the OS to see beyond the 3Gb ram "barrier". An issue for the 32bit world.

So if you were running a 64bit OS, no need to use Kernel PAE, I guess you were using a 32bit, weren't you?....

As to the nVidia card, again, nothing to do with ieee802.11 or mac802.11 stacks...2 different things..

If by any mean, there was a conflict between those 2 things you mentioned, that would be a BIG issue in the Distros architecture as such, an unstable distro, in which case, it would never have been released by the BT5 team.

Very good to solved your problem and please, try to change your attitude, we, and I include myself as the less knowledgeable one, spend time to help people without any retribution, downloading a free distro, with no cost, a staff designing a distro, spending hours of hard work. I think is not fair.

Keep that in mind and again, glad to see you solved your problem, after all, that is the reason for the forums...

Luck.
    Last edited by maverik35; 02-21-2013 at 04:24 AM.

Just burned their ISO

Quote Originally Posted by snafu777 View Post
    What does nvidia have to do with 802.11?

Have you researched realtek drivers yet? If you can't find the link i'll shoot it to you.
    got it working somewhat, I am back on a partition... got the nVidia drivers installed but after that I get an error "wicd can not connect to dbus" on start of the network manager.

the PAE was something I was reading about at that time, and after reading further I did discover that wasn't the issue... though even with x64 bit there seems to be some conflict... hence the dbus after install of the x64 driver .run package from nVidia.

I am working on an /etc/rc.local script now... trying to get the iwconfig adjustments to run on start up. The TX power to 30 and reg change to BO seems to be holding with a reboot but it still seems I can't get too much above 100Kb download speeds.

in the meanwhile I been hitting some Linux for Beginners courses because I am totally new to Linux... just sick of M$ Windows man some of the other distros I downloaded were just too cute or something...? Backtrack looked right for me

--attitude improving

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12