Thread: WPA Wordlist Problem

Just burned his ISO

Question WPA Wordlist Problem

I have already captured the 4 way handshakes. I try to use aircrack to find the password. Just want to ask whether the password, for example, "hellobacktrack" need to be exactly, word by word, contained in the wordlist in order to successfully find the password?

Actually I have also manually typed in the password into the wordlist, but seems the aircrack cannot find the password....why?

Developer

Default Re: WPA Wordlist Problem

Yes the password must be exact including uppercase & lowercase, special chars and even spaces. If you are sure you have typed the exact password in the list then I would verify with wireshark that you indeed have a complete handshake.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: WPA Wordlist Problem

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Yes the password must be exact including uppercase & lowercase, special chars and even spaces. If you are sure you have typed the exact password in the list then I would verify with wireshark that you indeed have a complete handshake.
    Actually the airodump has appear a message said that the 4-way handshakes have been captured successfully...Does this mean the handshakes should be already captured?