Hi, in this post i will put a summary of tweeks to fix or workaround few bugs on my BT5 Gnome 32bit.
Hardware details: HP G70 120 EM , 3gb ram, Nvidia Gforce9200M, Intel-Dual core 3200.
*** these tweaks might not work for all hardware.
After failing to install BT5 via usb and lots of issues installing 64bit, i opted for 32bit, burned and installed via DVD, ( slow burning speed limits issues during installation).
These are the tweaks i did and now everything is working fine:
1) download synaptic from the repository
2) download a tweaking tool from here : http://ubuntu-tweak.com/
*** with Ubuntu tweaks you can add extra tools and PPA's ( Do not activate any updates from Software source and dont mess with Kernel).
3) follow my guide for nvidia installation : http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...stallatin.html
4) follow my instructions for metasploit here : http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ally-lost.html
5) every tool i had trouble with, was deleted and re-installed, by activating synaptic, the tool will collect their dependencies and install correctly.
Ps: this is not a final solution to your bugs and problems, The team is working on fixing everything, so dont take it for granted that this method will work for everyone, i am just trying to help.