Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Script for sniffing traffic.

Default Re: Script for sniffing traffic.

Hi ComaX,
    good job.
    One suggestion...why don't you include the option to start ettercap in text mode? it would be a great thing i think! (it's just a suggestion of course!!!).

Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar

Default Re : Re: Script for sniffing traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntu4life View Post
    Liking the work you do.
    Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by michelinok View Post
    Hi ComaX,
    good job.
    One suggestion...why don't you include the option to start ettercap in text mode? it would be a great thing i think! (it's just a suggestion of course!!!).
    I don't know when you posted that, but I missed answers for a time... Anyway, that's done ! lauche the script with -e or --etter

Also, I'm planning on adding DNS-spoofing feature in the next big update. That might take some time though, since I got back on Black Ops lately

What I would love to hear, is your input and latest features I added : stoping/resuming/etc. the realtime parsing and the ettercap option

As always, don't hesitate to make any suggestion, even grammar-wise if ever I misspelled something.

My website is not up-to-date, but the script version as I write this is 0.9 and the download button will retrieve the last version
    Running both KDE and GNOME BT5 flawlessly. Thank you !

Hey there ComaX ..

I haven't used your script (yet), but I've been very inspired by the code you've written..

I'm currently working on a script that set's up a fake access point, runs ssl-strip and then greps the sslstrip.log..
    I really had issues figuring out how to cat sslstrip.log | grep username/password, but after I read your code, I noticed how you did. Really nice way of doing it..
    I'm planning on using the code in my script, if you don't mind? (and of course the credit will go out to you;> )

//M00kaw

Quote Originally Posted by M00kaw View Post
    Hey there ComaX ..

I haven't used your script (yet), but I've been very inspired by the code you've written..

I'm currently working on a script that set's up a fake access point, runs ssl-strip and then greps the sslstrip.log..
    I really had issues figuring out how to cat sslstrip.log | grep username/password, but after I read your code, I noticed how you did. Really nice way of doing it..
    I'm planning on using the code in my script, if you don't mind? (and of course the credit will go out to you;> )

//M00kaw
    No problem, please do Good luck on your script !
    Last edited by comaX; 06-13-2011 at 01:25 PM.

Hi comaX,
    for the ettercap question...maybe my english is not so good...but i meant using ettercap for sniffing passwords instead of using your parsing algorithm.
    Any idea about of using ettercap this way? (or am i missing somthing?)

Quote Originally Posted by michelinok View Post
    Hi comaX,
    for the ettercap question...maybe my english is not so good...but i meant using ettercap for sniffing passwords instead of using your parsing algorithm.
    Any idea about of using ettercap this way? (or am i missing somthing?)
    Oops, I misunderstood you. Well, that is possible but it would require saving pcap file and running etter-something to parse cookies, and that's not really where I'm headed. Maybe I could add an option to use ettercap instead of my parsing, but that would defeat hours of work trying to achieve that all by myself (and that was one hell of a work !), so my ego wouldn't like that very much (yup, I'm French ).

Seriously, I'll give it a try, it could be handy

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Re : Re: Script for sniffing traffic.

Hi, your script works almost perfect. I do have 1 major issue though. Whenever I am using it, the attacked machines will not reach any webpage in first attempt (Throws error 303 on Macs). Refreshing the page will, however, load it perfectly normal. I've tried to track down the problem, and I think it is something with sslstrip, but I am not completely sure

Default Re : Re: Re : Re: Script for sniffing traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nucci View Post
    Hi, your script works almost perfect. I do have 1 major issue though. Whenever I am using it, the attacked machines will not reach any webpage in first attempt (Throws error 303 on Macs). Refreshing the page will, however, load it perfectly normal. I've tried to track down the problem, and I think it is something with sslstrip, but I am not completely sure
    Happens from time to time for me too... But the script is not at fault here, so there's not much I can do to help ! Have you tried doing the attack manually to check if it does the same thing ? I believe it will, but it's worth giving it a shot !

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Re : Re: Script for sniffing traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nucci View Post
    Yep, i have the same problem, it's a sslstrip issue though.. And it's from the 0.9 version, cause versions < 0.9 dont have that bug, anyway, speed improvements and other bugs have been fixed in 0.9, so i'd recommend you stick to this version and wait for Moxie to fix it. How's that update going ComaX?

Default Re : Re: Re : Re: Script for sniffing traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Binx_23 View Post
    Yep, i have the same problem, it's a sslstrip issue though.. And it's from the 0.9 version, cause versions < 0.9 dont have that bug, anyway, speed improvements and other bugs have been fixed in 0.9, so i'd recommend you stick to this version and wait for Moxie to fix it. How's that update going ComaX?
    I didn't have much time those last days between parties, lack of sleep, my work on Maemo's version of yamas, lack of sleep, real work, and some more lack of sleep . But we're getting close to an end on the handled version, so I'll get back on track with this one to provide new features as soon as I can !
    I'll keep you guys posted !

And since there isn't as much feedback as before, I suppose people are pretty much satisfied with the current version, so I don't *need* to do much right now. Only new features that can wait !

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast