Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Script for sniffing traffic.

Default Re: Script for sniffing traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by wewe73 View Post
    Hi J0hnnyBrav0

Firt of all I must thank you for easy-creds, it’s an awesome toll and I love it! Much appriciated,
    And thank you for interests and offer your help with ettercap,
    First issue with ettercap-gtk is when I was scanning for hosts it shut down!
    After a day searching the forum and goggling I managed to find a fix for that,
    had a problem with arp.poisoning, when I check if the poisoning had a success, it says no poisoning between the 192.168.X.X .> 192.168.X.XX that has been fixed too
    now the problem is ettercap-gtk doesn’t show anything like logins and passwds!
    My command was simple just ettercap-gtk and of course I have edit etter.conf and uncommented both lines in iptables for linux to be able to read it, am confused to be honest, it could be me not ettercap after all !

your help will be really appreciated,

Kind Regards
    issak
    Are you running the latest version? We fixed a lot of that. And GTK sucks anyway learn to use the CLI. That sounds like an old issue to me, but I have seen it for Win7 which isn't supported.

Latest version is 0.7.4.1-Lazarus.

comaX, I don't know whether you have updated your script beyond the feb 12 version, mainly because I have yet to confirm the update bug being fixed because I still get no updates available. Are there any? Like the allowing of anonymity as a default? If yes, then the bug still exists... If not, can you add a -u like we talked about, or the anonymity which seems cool, so that I can confirm the bug being gone? Thanks
    World Domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer the term World Optimization.

double post
    Last edited by wewe73; 04-12-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: double post

Hi, hope you well and thanks for your reply.

my laptop is win7 and yes am running it on BT5-R2 KDK-32bit Gnome 32bit on VM and 64bit HDD install, so i assume it's the latest version, I never run ettercap on win7 but i use win7 as a victim, does ettercap doesn't work against win7 ? i think am wrong :-)
    anyways i thank you so much for your help and definitely will take your advice on board and start leaning to use CLI, and i will post somewhere my feedback, am sure i'v seen a post somewhere on the forum mansion CLI, i think it's the best to lean and start make use of the keyboard :-)

thanks

sorry for the double post, and sorry to compaX to use his thread to discuss ettercap, sorry comaX again
    Last edited by wewe73; 04-09-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: double post

Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaster View Post
    comaX, I don't know whether you have updated your script beyond the feb 12 version, mainly because I have yet to confirm the update bug being fixed because I still get no updates available. Are there any? Like the allowing of anonymity as a default? If yes, then the bug still exists... If not, can you add a -u like we talked about, or the anonymity which seems cool, so that I can confirm the bug being gone? Thanks
    Oh, my. I don't know what the hell I've done, but there no longer is a version number in the script... I'll check this ASAP. No wonder you didn't get updates... To know if you have the last one, you can check if you have the logs in a directory with the date. Or just grab the lastest from my website : http://comax.fr/yamas/bt5/yamas.sh
    For the anonymity stuff, I must have said things not clearly : it is on purpose that there ISN'T one !

Thanks for pointing the issue out. As for the update stuff, I believe I did something related to it, but it's been a while I didn't work on the code and
    my memory is that of a goldfish !

Quote Originally Posted by wewe73 View Post
    Hi, hope you well and thanks for your reply.

my laptop is win7 and yes am running it on BT5-R2 KDK-32bit Gnome 32bit on VM and 64bit HDD install, so i assume it's the latest version, I never run ettercap on win7 but i use win7 as a victim, does ettercap doesn't work against win7 ? i think am wrong :-)
    anyways i thank you so much for your help and definitely will take your advice on board and start leaning to use CLI, and i will post somewhere my feedback, am sure i'v seen a post somewhere on the forum mansion CLI, i think it's the best to lean and start make use of the keyboard :-)

thanks

sorry for the double post, and sorry to compaX to use his thread to discuss ettercap, sorry comaX again
    No problem ! A good way to see it is that it bumps the thread
    Running both KDE and GNOME BT5 flawlessly. Thank you !

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Script for sniffing traffic. - Other Feature Ideas

Hey Thanks for the terrific script, works flawlessly for me.
    I added the same as Ira787 for the macchanging business, so that would be a useful thing to add, but I understand the reasoning behind not implementing it. A really useful addition that you could add would be some sort of hostname/ip tagging for the user/pass output.

That way when you scrape a user/password it would let you know where you got it from, example:

Website = twitter.com
    Login = <username>
    Password = <password>
    Host = chip28.cz.eu <- fqdn

or if it would separate the log into several logs, one per machine, that would work too!

Thanks again!
    Chip28

Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar

First, my apologies to all. It has been exhausting weeks for me lately and I didn't do shit. I'll try to do what should be done ASAP but I'm having midterm(?) exams for the next two weeks, so I might not have so much time.

Quote Originally Posted by chip28 View Post
    Hey Thanks for the terrific script, works flawlessly for me.
    I added the same as Ira787 for the macchanging business, so that would be a useful thing to add, but I understand the reasoning behind not implementing it. A really useful addition that you could add would be some sort of hostname/ip tagging for the user/pass output.

That way when you scrape a user/password it would let you know where you got it from, example:

Website = twitter.com
    Login = <username>
    Password = <password>
    Host = chip28.cz.eu <- fqdn

or if it would separate the log into several logs, one per machine, that would work too!

Thanks again!
    Chip28
    I thought about that at the very begining of the script but turned out it's impossible to do :
    - the parsing is already very heavy CPU-wise
    - it's complicated to parse more
    - adding the website was hard as fu*ck
    - Sslstrip logs don't differentiate between local hosts (afaik), so I can't do anything about that. If you're really talking about FQDN, then it's pretty much the webiste, or am I beside the point ?

On a non-related topic : I tried it on the last Ubuntu (12.04) and everything seems to work, so I don't get why people want me to do an "Ubuntu version". (Not that you BT users ask this, but in case someone out of the community reads this...)

Cheers !
    Running both KDE and GNOME BT5 flawlessly. Thank you !

Sorry to dig up such an old post, but I just started using it and found the following things 'weird':

Do you want to keep the whole log file for further use or shall we delete it? (Y=keep)
    You might want to rename 'keep' to 'save' and add 'N=don't save' or something, just to clearify.

Same goes for this
    Do you want to save passwords to a file? (Y=keep)

During startup it checks if the script is installed to /usr/bin and at my setup it IS installed, however it came up with this:
    This script is not installed yet. Do you wish to install it, so that you can reuse it later on by simply issuing 'yamas' in console? (Y/N)
    y
    cp: `/usr/bin/yamas' and `/usr/bin/yamas' are the same file
    Script installed !

You might want to recheck this check.

Great stuff futhermore, thanks for this!
    "The difference between RAID1 and RAID0 is that the zero stands for how many files you're gonna have after a harddisk failure."

Sorry to dig up such an old post, but I just started using it and found the following things 'weird':

Do you want to keep the whole log file for further use or shall we delete it? (Y=keep)
    You might want to rename 'keep' to 'save' and add 'N=don't save' or something, just to clearify.

Same goes for this
    Do you want to save passwords to a file? (Y=keep)

During startup it checks if the script is installed to /usr/bin and at my setup it IS installed, however it came up with this:
    This script is not installed yet. Do you wish to install it, so that you can reuse it later on by simply issuing 'yamas' in console? (Y/N)
    y
    cp: `/usr/bin/yamas' and `/usr/bin/yamas' are the same file
    Script installed !

You might want to recheck this check.

Great stuff futhermore, thanks for this!
    "The difference between RAID1 and RAID0 is that the zero stands for how many files you're gonna have after a harddisk failure."

Just burned his ISO

Default Respuesta: Script for sniffing traffic.

Hi group

This is my first post. First I want to thank to ComaX for this incredible script.

This is my question. I've been playing with the script and works for yahoo, hotmail and facebook. But not working with gmail. There's any workaround for retrieving the gmail passwords?

I saw nothing on forum.

Thanks in advance.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast