Thread: Slow internet connection

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question Slow internet connection

Has anyone found their internet connection speed slow in bt2. Compared to windows on the same machine it is extremely slow! I have also tried xubuntu live cd and the speed was fine.

I am running two network cards on two different networks with different gateways/router/dns. I have not yet found out where to disable one of the network cards but I found that simply unplugging one card made the connection faster (although still much slower than native windows).

Could this be a dns problem? I noticed when both cards were up that I could change the ip settings and default gateways for each individually but the dns settings persisted across both cards.

I have not had a problem with connection with bt2f.

But to disable a network card of yours just type, for example:
    Code:
    ifconfig eth2 down

Just burned his ISO

Default ifconfig

Cheers, I will look up that command for more info. I am reading through the Slackware book to get up to scratch but find that playing on the computer is more fun than reading!!

Another silly question - how do you exit a man page?? I have to close the console and open it back up again!!

Cheers

just hit the letter Q to quit the man pages in a shell.

Just burned his ISO

Default Better

I shutdown the second network card and the internet connection speed is back up to normal speed. It must be dns issue. If anyone knows where I can set the dns for each card separately I would be interested to find out.