Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is my CPU compatible with BT5?

Default Is my CPU compatible with BT5?

I was able to use all previous versions of BT on this computer, but when I pit the 32-bit KDE version to boot from my flash drive and I boot up, I get an error saying "This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i1686 CPU. Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU". I have an Intel Core Duo T2050. Can I run Backtrack 5 on this computer anymore?

Why does it give me that error, but when I run Backtrack 5 from a DVD instead of booting off a flash drive, it works just fine?

So BT5 works flawlessly when booting it off the DVD. When I try to boot off my flash drive using the same exact 32-bit image, I get that error that I wrote up above. Why is this?
    Last edited by bolexxx; 05-13-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Default Re: Is my CPU compatible with BT5?

Quote Originally Posted by r083rt View Post
    ok so its an install error to usb or setting go into to your bios and check the settings
    also try unetbootin

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/un...n-linux-latest linux version
    http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/un...ows-latest.exe windows version
    Thank you, sir! I am trying that right now. I was using Universal USB Installer. I'll post back in a few minutes letting you know if it worked.

Where to I save file to when using persistence?
    Can I save them on the desktop and the next time I boot, they'll still be there?

While booting, it says:
    BusyBox v1.13.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu11) built-in shell (ash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs) Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

What does this mean?
    Last edited by bolexxx; 05-13-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Re: Is my CPU compatible with BT5?

Quote Originally Posted by yomama07024 View Post
    While booting, it says:
    BusyBox v1.13.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu11) built-in shell (ash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

(initramfs) Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

What does this mean?

I had same error message when boot from USB ThumbDrive "create by using UNetbootin".

it means it didnt install properly ive had this numerous times format the usb to fat 32 and try again

when uisng lil usb creator in section 4 tick the persistant box and select how much space you want

unetbootin can be very buggy i found lili usb creator more dependable also universal usb creator is also ok but still can be as buggy as unetbootin

r083rt
    For some reason, after I got that message, now my computers doesn't recognize my flash drive. In Windows, it makes a sound when I plug my flash drive in, but it doesn't appear in My Computer or Disk Management. My other computer doesn't recognize my flash drive either. Why could this be?

partitons are messed up delet all partitions use fdisk in linux
    fdisk -l
    select your usb xxxx
    fdisk /dev/xxxx
    press d then 1
    press d then 2
    press d then 3
    press w and enter

in windows use disk manager and delete all partitons on your usb

format the usb

r083rt
    Windows doesn't see it at all in Disk Management. It's like nothing is plugged in. I do hear the sound Windows makes though when I plug the flash drive in. So how can I format it? If the flash drive is plugged in when I turn on my computer, my computer just hangs at the BIOS screen until I take the flash drive out and then it boots right up.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cod0xwroarte3d9

copy that to the C:\windows\inf directory

unplug usb and plug back in

reason:the usb inf is deleted off the usb so it cant be loaded
    you gave me a link to download linuxlive usb creator. you want me to put that exe in the inf directory?

fyi, in device manager, this is what it looks like when i plug the flash drive in. i tried disabling the driver, uninstalling the driver and letting windows install it again but nothing worked. i'm sure it's some corrupt data on the flash drive but how can i delete it lol

quick answer f*** it in the bin just kidding oh nooooooooooooooooooo windows ahhhhhh my head is starting to hurt you need to delete registry keys for the usb so the usb keys can be reinstalled when its plugged back in and which keys are these lol I cant remember all the workarounds its been a while and the windows part of my brain has died sorry mate you can google for the answer

or just burn the iso to dvd drive and boot into bt5 and use fdisk and delete partitions and reformat the usb
    if you dont have a dvd drive hmmm i suppose ill ransack my brain for the solution or find a tool that will reinstate the files onto the usb

r083rt
    It seems that Linux doesn't recognize it either, though. How can I check to see if Linux recognizes the flash drive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast